• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread

Vanifae

First Post
Shayuri said:
"From the briefing, Voderac's not the sort of person we'd want a professional relationship with," Viridian speaks up. "Black wants the cloaking device if we can get it though."

She shrugs.

"As for talking, we've got ways to make sure he tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So help him Goddess."
"He is small potatoes though, taking Voderac down won't solve anything, and if you are talking about mind reading, or something invasive like that, how does that separate us from Barrington and his ilk... you don't do what we want we take it from you by force, because we have that right? Hey it's your deal, I am just along for the ride, I just want to make sure of what we are doing," Apollo shrugs.

"I mean Barrington obviously does not care if we catch Voderac or not, so either Voderac is expendable or Barrington is sloppy, and any guy that wants to set the world free, and blah blah blah, be some kind of messiah is probably not taking too many chances. I am not saying we let Voderac go, but we give him the option, he might surprise us. Of course," Apollo muses, "I could be underestimating his importance. Barringotn could be baiting us, using Voderac as part of an elaborate trap... sacrifice a pawn, to get your queen in the right position kind of thing..."

Victim

First Post
"If it was a problem for us to get information like that, someone would have told us, right?" Megan looks over at Mr. Black. "It didn't seem like it hurt them." It'd be better just have your mind read or be made to talk directly than to get hurt or go through all kinds of verbal tricks and manipulations, right? Same end result, much cleaner?

DM_Matt

First Post
Vanifae said:
"He is small potatoes though, taking Voderac down won't solve anything, and if you are talking about mind reading, or something invasive like that, how does that separate us from Barrington and his ilk... you don't do what we want we take it from you by force, because we have that right? Hey it's your deal, I am just along for the ride, I just want to make sure of what we are doing," Apollo shrugs.

"I mean Barrington obviously does not care if we catch Voderac or not, so either Voderac is expendable or Barrington is sloppy, and any guy that wants to set the world free, and blah blah blah, be some kind of messiah is probably not taking too many chances. I am not saying we let Voderac go, but we give him the option, he might surprise us. Of course," Apollo muses, "I could be underestimating his importance. Barringotn could be baiting us, using Voderac as part of an elaborate trap... sacrifice a pawn, to get your queen in the right position kind of thing..."

Black says "Apollo does raise a decent point. There are two kinds of ways to go about this. We can attack hard and fast form multiple directions and try to overwhelm them before they can organize to strike back, or we can go in overtly, as a group, and demand an audience with Voderac. Odds are we'll wind up fighting and taking him in either way, but both are options. Barrington doesn't care much about him, but he's dangerous out in the wild, and hard to track. We can only find him if we know basically where he is. As far as mind control, its just a tool, and its easier and more humane, efficient, and reliable than trying to break them psychologically or beating it out of them. Then again, I speak as someone with such a power. I can use my ability to manipulate electricity to control neural impulses, and thus control someone's actions. I primarily use that for interrogations."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"It doesn't hurt," Viridian says quietly. "Not my spell. It would be pretty easy to misuse though, so I do try not to use it unless I have to. It's kind of grey magic, like telekinesis. There's a definite line you can cross if you're not careful."

Vanifae

First Post
DM_Matt said:
"So whats it gunna be -- raid or confront?," Black says.
"Being the FNG I will go with whatever the majority decide," Apollo replies still playing his light guitar, "but I wouldn't mind confronting him... we raid, we have only one option, we confront we have two... plus it adds to our good guy cred."

kirinke

First Post
"I prefer a raid for a couple of reasons. One, we don't know the layout of the ship, we don't really know what sort of defenses it has. We go in there with a mind to negotiate, he has the upper hand, he has the control, he has us right were he wants us. At least with a raid, we have one advantage, surprise."

"Lesson number one when dealing with super-powered bad-guys: Never negotiate on their turf. Either pick a neutral spot for the negotiations or hit them hard and quick, otherwise they will kill you." she grinned a little. "Lesson number two: If you have superior fire-power or don't care if you get killed, disregard lesson number one." she looked at the others. "Being one of the 'good guys' doesn't mean dying needlessly or being honorably stupid."

Last edited:

Vanifae

First Post
kirinke said:
"I prefer a raid for a couple of reasons. One, we don't know the layout of the ship, we don't really know what sort of defenses it has. We go in there with a mind to negotiate, he has the upper hand, he has the control, he has us right were he wants us. At least with a raid, we have one advantage, surprise."

"Lesson number one when dealing with super-powered bad-guys: Never negotiate on their turf. Either pick a neutral spot for the negotiations or hit them hard and quick, otherwise they will kill you." she grinned a little. "Lesson number two: If you have superior fire-power or don't care if you get killed, disregard lesson number one." she looked at the others. "Being one of the 'good guys' doesn't mean dying needlessly or being honorably stupid."
"He is expecting a fight, why else would he be cruising around cloaked," Apollo quips.

kirinke

First Post
Vanifae said:
"He is expecting a fight, why else would he be cruising around cloaked," Apollo quips.

"No, he's avoiding a fight by cruising around cloaked. He knows there are alot of people who'd like to see him put out of business. So hence the secrecy and the cloaking device. He doesn't expect anyone hostile to know where he is, so that breeds a kind of.... complacency, because it's worked so well for so long."

Victim

First Post
If we try to negociate, they'll probably just shoot me in the back like the Foundry people I was letting go. And we shouldn't have to come with our hat in hand - especially not since he helped to plan those attacks. It's not like he's just selling stuff without concern for who the end user is. On the other hand, it sort of seems unfair to raid his boat before dawn, especially we'd have to fight normal guys. We're supposed to be super heroes, not commandoes. And Hope is supporting the attack plan. With more KILL KILL KILL talk. Amazingly, super battles don't have to go to the death. I don't even think most of them do. Hmm. She'll start looking for public AEGIS or FBI stats on the matter.

"If we wanted to try talking first, why would we all have to go in? Wouldn't having an unknown number of reinforcements be better than showing everything? I don't really know what we should do."

Remove ads