• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Surviving Apocalypse!

Post apocalypse, with my knowledge & skills,

• I could survive less than 1 month.

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • I could survive 1 to 6 months.

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • I could survive 6 months to a year.

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • I could survive several years.

Votes: 30 40.0%

Hammerhead

Explorer
I'm a heartless survivor, according to the test. I'd imagine my supply chain management skills would be pretty handy in rebuilding society.

Friadoc

Explorer
*chuckles*

You scored 66% Survivor, 40% Team Ability, and 57% Pack Rat!

You are an unbeleiveable survivor. you know exactly what you need and take nothing more. You are heavily armed and a excellent marksman. You prefer to help people as long as it doesn't get you into too much danger. You prefer to find a nice safe position to set up base, but do not take too much with you. You are the best all around for surviving any Apocalypse situation.

I'd like to credit my brief time in the Marines with this score, however I've gotta be honest and credit a mix of RPGs and my family (I grew up in southern Oregon with a very outdoors family, lots of hunting).

JDJblatherings

First Post
Grew up hunting, fishing and learning to fight; competed in knife throwing and tomahawk throwing events as a child. the wife is a farmer, she spent a year living in a tent while her family built a house...a tough gal. I've gone winter camping for fun; i know from personal experience how much more comfortable 11 deg F is compared to -30. The wife and I know natural food sources in the area and are pretty sure most of neighbors don't have a clue in that regard.

I figure if i surive the first 6-10 weeks i'll survive for years until the lack of modern medicine contributes to my death.

my test result-

The Loner Hermit
You scored 63% Survivor, 30% Team Ability, and 57% Pack Rat!
You have pretty good grasp on survival. You also tend to know what supplies you need and what supplies you don't need. You keep moving but you know when to stop in a good position. However, you are an ###hole, and will most likely be alone for the rest of time. This is because you think people are just another mouth to feed.

You will most likely die alone, after traveling for quite some time, probaly holed up in a bunker or a basement somewhere, fighting your last as a horde of monsters funnel through the doors.

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 99% on Survivor

You scored higher than 99% on Team Ability

You scored higher than 99% on Pack Rat

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Well I can rebuild - I have several years working as a low tech framer and roofer.

Getting to that stage would be hard. In colorado my weapons, hunting skills and wilderness survival skills are far below what others have. In short I would be killed and my stuff looted.
Its decent weekend camping stuff, but not dependable for survival.

My best bet for survival would to move in with parents or my sister, both of whom have working sheep farms (20-80) with 6 or more dogs. My parents also have ducks, horses, and a few (non-milk) cows. My parents have a well (with a hand pump) and are working on getting wind or solar power. Of course its a 16 hr drive to reach either farm from here, impossible if gas stations go off line.

My mother finds it funny that I have told her I would move home in the event of an apocalypse, taking it as a statement of how much I enjoy the farm life style (partially true) rather than my actual plan for action (also partially true)

Last edited:

Slife

First Post
Your Score: Bunker Survivor
You scored 75% Survivor, 47% Team Ability, and 65% Pack Rat!
mt1145690368.gif

You are an unbelievable survivor. You know exactly what you need and take nothing more. You are heavily armed and a excellent marksman. You prefer to help people as long as it doesn't get you into too much danger. You prefer to find a nice safe position to set up base and you tend to take with you whatever you can carry. Be careful however, as in some Apocalypse situations setting up base and sitting out the danger is a good idea, however in others it might be a good idea to explore a little more.

green slime

First Post
Philotomy Jurament said:
My problem is not my intelligence or skill set, but the fact that I live on the edge of a major city (Houston), have a wife and four children that I am unwilling to abandon to increase my chances for survival, and no rural friends/family. We'd need to get away from the city as fast as possible; our survival would probably be more dependent on circumstance than skills.

Here's what the test had to say about me:

You and me both! Good to know there's some other altruistic idiot lurking around here.

You are a soldier. You know a a good amount about survival, but are still lacking in some areas. You also have a strong sense of nobility and helping other. Careful, this may be your downfall. Your partial to heavy arment and will probaly take foot in a bunker.
If you die it will most likely be because of your good nature. You may offer to go out and search for food, instead of forcing your companions to, and soon find yourself ripped to shreds.

Eltharon

Explorer
Your Score: Ultimate Survivor
You scored 68% Survivor, 38% Team Ability, and 46% Pack Rat!

You are an unbeleiveable survivor. you know exactly what you need and take nothing more. You are heavily armed and a excellent marksman. You prefer to help people as long as it doesn't get you into too much danger. You prefer to find a nice safe position to set up base, but do not take too much with you. You are the best all around for surviving any Apocalypse situation.

I am so badass... ;)
Really, though, I could probably survive around here (Philly area, USA) for some time, looting and living out in the woods. Its times like these you're glad that you read army survival manuals for fun, eh?

shilsen

Adventurer
Your Score: Ultimate Survivor
You scored 66% Survivor, 45% Team Ability, and 50% Pack Rat!

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 99% on Survivor
You scored higher than 99% on Team Ability
You scored higher than 99% on Pack Rat

Yeah, that test's definitely full of crap! I've got an unusually high degree of intelligence, self control, decisiveness and judgement (not to mention modesty!), but I have very limited survival skills, and that would get me sooner or later. Now if I could find some of you with the really good survival skills, I could always show you how to build a functional civilization. But you'd probably shoot me long before that.

Baron Opal

First Post
Hrm.

If I can survive two months, I think I'll be around for a while. I've gotten fat and soft, but I grew up raising hogs and chickens and we had a substantial garden. Being a pharmacist, I also know a fair bit of pharmacognosy, the medicinal value of natural products. Also, my dad was a bladesmith, so I know how to build a fire, forge and what iron ore looks like.

JDJblatherings

First Post
The wife took the test and half way through, after completing a few of the questions, she turned to me and said "I know How I'd survive the Apocalypse, by staying the hell away from you."

feel the love. ;)

Remove ads