• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the Grey Coast (IC)

A Crazy Fool

First Post
School is winding down for christmas break now, so I'll be able to post more. I've also rethought and rewritten some of the campaign, and I like what I have musch more.

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Jenna, Human Hexblade HP: 28/28, Init: 12

OOC: Will Save (1d20+7=22). Add +3 to save if a spell or spell-like effect. Mettle ability negates a lesser effect on a successful will save.

The strange transformation of the creature draws raised eyebrows, but the former soldier takes it in stride. In fact she almost smiles. They aren't people - so it's okay to kill them!

She pulls her falchion free and maneuvers forward, lashing out with a vicious upward slash with the heavy blade at one of them. She lets the blade rest against her shoulder as she completes the attack, planting her feet with disciplined confidence.

Attack Roll (Power Attack +2) (1d20+5=24) - Critical Threat
Damage (Power Attack +2) (2d4+7=13)

Critical Confirm: (Power Attack +2) (1d20+5=10)
Critical Damage (if applicable) (Power Attack +2) (2d4+7=12)

kinem

Adventurer
"Damn it!" How can I fight these monsters? I am not even well equpped for battle. I was just grabbing a snack here!

ooc: Will save = 11

If still able to act, Herb will concentrate on defending himself, hoping the others can deal with the monsters. (ooc: Full defense, AC 16)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Caramip eyes the creatures with trepidation and hurridly directs her bookcase to get between her and them. It lumbers over to do her bidding, shedding books as it goes, blocking access to the diminuative gnome.

"We're really more trouble than we're worth! I rather think you need to leave now!" she says in a clear and loud voice.

A Crazy Fool

First Post
Jenna:

Your falchion catches the strange monstrosity in the ribs. Your strike seems leaves a deep cut, but it doesn't bleed. Instead blueish vapor seems to hiss from the wound. You can tell that the creature's skin is considerably tougher than ordinary human skin. (Hit, no crit)

The creature facing you lunges foward with an arm blade. It's attack is clumsy, and doesn't even reach you. (rolled a natural 1)

You may take an attack of oportunity against the creature or try to sunder the arm blade in reation to the critical failure.

Roxanne:

The creature you attack paries your swing with the scythe-like blade on it's hand, the metal handle of your mace is scratched from the impact. The creature follows up on its sucess with a slahs to your weapon-arm, it causes a painful, but not debilitating wound. (roll: 15+8: 23, 7 damage)

Herb:

The creature lunges foward, recklessly attacking you with both arm blades. (attack: 12+8-2+2, roll 2: 5+8-2+2) You twist out of the way of one arm blade, but step clumsily into annother, taking a nasty hit to the shoulder (10 damage)

Caramip:

The few books falling on them don't seem to hinder the enemies in the least.

All:

Jarru draws a wand from his belt. Two crackling bolts of force streak from it, inpacting the enemy Jenna has already hit in the chest. (3+1, 4+1, 9 damage). This creature seems badly weakened and is giving off even more blueish vapor through it's wounds.

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Jenna, Human Hexblade HP: 28/28, Init: 12

Jenna has no doubt that her curse was effective, seeing the clumsy attack of the creature - leaving it very much open to another strike. She dearly wishes that she could impact the luck of her companions as well, and she cringes as she hears each of the other monsters hit with their arm blades.

The distraction is enough to steal her focus, and a pair of heavy swings with her falchion are poorly aimed at her vulnerable foe.

OOC:
Attack of Opportunity for critical failure: AOO (1d20+5=11)

Attack Roll for next round: Attack Roll (Power Attack +2) (1d20+5=8)

kinem

Adventurer
Herb does not want to appear to be a coward in the eyes of his new acquaintances, but he doesn't see any other choice but to withdraw and hope the others can handle the monsters.

"I'm not equipped for this. I can not help here."

He carefully withdraws, attempting to vanish behind an aisle wall of bookcases.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Roxanne, F Hum Soulknife 3 (AC: 20, HP: 18/25, PP: 2/2)

"Uhhh!" Roxanne grunts as she is slashed with the arm blade. Fighting back, she swings hard again but the weight of the weapon again throws off her aim. Missing badly, she curses. 'My secret is only good if I'm still alive! If that thing hits me again, I may just have to start using my real weapon...' she tells herself mentally.

Roxanne attack at creature (1d20+5=10, 1d8+3=7)

A Crazy Fool

First Post
The strange enemies seem to compose thier defenses and deflect the attacks directed towards them. They catch blades and swing them aside with ease.

Jarru steps back and blasts the already wounded enemy with his wand a second time (1+1, 3+1, 6 total). It starts to spew even more vapor from it's wounds, it's skin peels of and disintegrates into the same blue vapor.

Herb:
You carefully back away from the enemy two enemies nearest to you. They move to attack you, but seem to decide that you are already too far gone to hit.

Jenna:

the creature takes a more agressive approach this time, lunging foward with both arm blades You parry one, and the other screeches on your chainmail. Sparks fly, but you are unhurt. (2+8-2 = 6, 8+8-2 = 14)

Roxanne:

you escape the atention of the creature for the moment. It lashes out at the book animated case in retaliation for the indignity of a heavy tome tome to the head. (2+8=10, 4+8=12)The books stop the blade before it can do any real damage. The creature withdraws it's blade and flicks the impaled books onto the ground.

Remove ads