• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the Grey Coast (IC)

A Crazy Fool

First Post
All:

The archer guards have arrows strung, and you see the commander adressing the potential hostiles. (OOC: listen checks to hear). Nither side seems to be taking any action yet.

Jenna:

Yes, the two alleys are blocked off now.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Listen check of 1d20+2=22. Man, Invisible Castle likes me. :) Sorry for my absence, real life kicked me in the arse HARD.[/sblock]
Felix shakes his head at Roxanne's inquiry. "Yes, and no, Roxanne. We have confirmed that the town guards are prepared for trouble, and that trouble is most likely what these newcomers bring. My attempts to detect their intention have... fallen short of successful."

Felix pauses briefly, a twinge of discomfort crossing his features as he recalls what he saw. "Their minds operate in ways alien to my own, and they march as soldiers would."

He glances toward the door, then back to Roxanne, a determined look in his face. "The town guard will handle themselves admirably, I'm sure. There is no need to step into their inevitable fight. What we should focus on now is securing our own wellbeing. In anticipation of armed conflict, I would recommend that the martially-minded among us..." Felix turns to look at Roxanne, Jenna, and Herb. "Ready their weaponry and keep a readily defensible position in mind. For those of magical codices..." Felix shifts his gaze towards Hedowin and Caramip. "Ready any spells that would dispatch possible intruders without causing damage to the structure." Finally, he turns to Jowen and gives his most winning smile. "Fear not, Jowen, no harm will come to your store. In fact, I would go so far as to make the claim that it will be safer with us within!" Assuming that they do not feel the urge to examine this shop, lest I bring the very roof down upon them. Fear not, Jowen, your shop will be safe with us in it, but not with... them.

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Jenna, Human Hexblade, HP: 28/28

Jenna is surprised by the suddenness with which she is pulled inside and stumbles against Roxanne to steady herself and avoid any accident with the heavy blade she holds two-handed. She smiles fleetingly as she regains her footing, planting the end of the blade on the floor and righting herself using Roxanne's shoulder for balance. "The guards are nervous," she says quickly, moving to re-bolt the door. "And the alley out back is a dead end. Felix is right, we should make a stand here."

She sheathes her sword and pulls out her longbow, stringing it quickly. She leans against the wall by the front window, watching what unfolds outside. After a moment's hesitation, she adds, "Something... grazed my mind. I think it had something to do with what Felix was doing, but I'm not sure. It was strange. I don't think it affected me. I probably wasn't as interesting as Felix."

ACF:[sblock]I assume with the hot weather the window is open, if not is it possible to open it without breaking it?[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Our way out of here is... suspect. We would need another way out if necessary. I'll send Quork to look," Caramip says thoughtfully. She listens to what she can herself,
, but also sends a thought up to her flying familiar.

Quork darling, what is going on out there? And can you see any other nearish way out of this area?

When Felix suggests getting ready for battle, Caramip gives a slightly evil smile.

"Jowen, my friend, if a fight should break out, I'm going to be borrowing one of your small bookcases. Do point me towards one with volumes of little value, would you?" she asks.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Roxanne takes in the news from Felix and Jenna with a nod. Making a stand here sounded good. Pulling her morningstar from her belt, she feels the awkward weight of it in her hand. 'Be so much easier if I could use my REAL weapon, but not in front of these people. Not unless there's no other way...'

A Crazy Fool

First Post
Felix:

You hear the commander issuing orders to his soldiers and confronting the unknown attackers. You do not hear the response if there was one. You cn also hear shuffling feet outside the door.

Caramip:

Quork is not yet high enough to see any more than before.

"I quite like all of my bookcases. What are you goung to do with it? That one over there," he says pointing to a shelf full of newish-looking history books, "Isn't worth much. You're going to set it on fire aren't you? They'll burn well."

Jenna:

The window can be opened and it currently is. From your position, you can see the enemies continue to spread out. Some are moving away from blocked alleys to doors of various buildings. A group of three approachs the door to Jarru's shop. They pass by you without noticing and and out of view.

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Jenna, Human Hexblade, HP: 28/28

Jenna looks back sharply at her companions and holds up three fingers, then points at the door. She then returns her gaze on the courtyard, trying to figure out what the various groups are doing once they reach the various doors, and see how the city's soldiers are reacting to the threat.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Nodding at Jenna's handsigns, Roxanne grips her weapon tighter. A bead of sweat breaks free from her forhead and drips down past her temple and around the curve of her face. "Be ready..." she says quietly to the others.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Hedowin

"Huh?" Hedowin says in response to Roxanne's comment.

He peers over the edge of a tome he had picked up on the table near the door.

"Sorry -- I guess I got lost in this book for the moment." He blushes slightly.

He looks around to each of his new acquaintenances, and noticing the tension around the room, decides against venturing into chapter 2.

kinem

Adventurer
Herb makes sure that the door to the bookstore is locked once his new companions are all inside, then goes to look out the window.

"Felix, do you think they are victims of mind control? Perhaps the evil of psionics is loose in the city!"

He draws his sap.

Remove ads