• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Telgrothia: A Song of Savagery & Heroism (D&D 3.5)

Aramalian

Explorer
The golem is talking to me... the Golem is TALKING to me... WHY IS THE GOLEM TALKING TO ME???

Ali'cor backs up against the wall, eyes wide and staring at the hulking metalline creature.

Thorinshield

First Post
I am Hattori Hanzo. Protector of the Eastern plains and wandering samurai. You would do well to help set me free before I assume you are with them, thus becoming my enemy.

He then tries to break free of his bonds again(providing that the first attempt didn't work)

Last edited:

Aramalian

Explorer
Quiet, unnatural fiend! the elf hissed.

Our captors are above us... if they come before we get loose, we will be at their mercy. Now someone help me get to this other fellow.

Ali continues to crouch against the wall, but still tries to extend a bare foot towards the inert fourth occupant of their little room.

Thorinshield

First Post
if you free me from these bonds i'd be more than happy to help you with this hurt man and help us defeat the evil ones that have detained us here. how should we go about this escape? perhaps luring the guards now here and overpowering them?

jbproctor

First Post
Thokas and Ali scan the dank dimly lit room looking for a key or something that could be used as a weapon. It appears that they are being held in some type of storage room that is filled with oak wooden barrels and burlap sacks. They do not notice anything that could be used as a weapon, except some of the chains hanging from the ceiling but they would be makeshift at best. On the north wall whats seems to be the top of a door frame can be seen over top of a stack of barrels. They would guess the door to be about 20 feet away from them. The room begins to sway again and the sound of water can be heard outside sloshing against the eastern wall of the room. Something then grabs Ali's attention out of the corner of his eye. He sees a bent rusty nail roll across the floor in front of him just out of his reach.

While Thokas and Ali are scanning the room for anything useful Hattori uses his robotic strength to snap his wrists free from the tarred rope that had been binding him. Now all that is left still imprisoning him are the rusty chains that are shackled around his ankles and bolted to the wooden floor.

The argument that has been going on above them seems to have escalated. Shadows are now frantically dancing around the room as the sounds of a scuffle can be heard just over head. More voices approach overhead and being hollering with excitement as the fight ensues.

Aramalian

Explorer
Huddled against the wall, the elf took a deep breath and shook his head to clear it. Then his eyes closed slightly and he began to recite in rapid Elvish, "Inye` maruvan rucin. Ruce na` i inítabelthor. Ruce na` i titta qualme enta túc-rucina ilya. Inye` héru nin ruce. Inye` etelehtlelynia nin i terenin. I yare nin ruce na`vanwa inye`quer i héru tieruce i er nin bronin."

[sblock=Translation]I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.[/sblock]

When his eyes opened, there was an energy in them that hadn't been there moments earlier. Realizing that if the thing was chained down here the same as he was, it should be an ally -- at least for the moment -- regardless of how unnatural it seemed. As it burst the bonds holding its arms, he heard the commotion above them getting louder.

Listen -- hear that above us? This is our chance to get out. Thokas, a nail just rolled towards you on the floor. Grab it and see if you can reach these ropes behind me. You -- Hattori? Can you break these chains?

Da Quiz

First Post
Break

I grab the nail and move towards Ali.
I will start breaking the ropes behind him.

I speak to Hattori.
Don't be insulted Hattori please, but what are you? You have the look of a warrior about you but I don't know about your people? I don't know wether you're an enemy or a friend. But for no you're my ally. Could you help me break mine and Ali's chains. Then we work on getting my spear and our way out of here.

Red006

First Post
"Ugh, where am I?"
The cloaked figure awoke to a scuffle above him and a throbbing in his skull. He was bound hands and feet.
"I pity the imbecile who believes he can knock me over the head and hold me with ROPE"
he thought.
OOC: Escape Artist Check 18

Having slipped his bonds, Seamus looks around with keen eyes. He can make out three figures and one seemed to be made of metal. He was taken aback, if only for a moment, as he recalled his run-in with a few of such creatures over his travels over the sea.
"Let me watch these fools and see if they merit the help of my skills... Although, from the sound of the ruckus upstairs, I may end up needing THEIR help." This prospect furrowed his brow.

Aramalian

Explorer
I think I see a door over there behind those barrels, but if they're stacked against it... how did they get us in here?

Ali looks up at the ceiling, looking for a trapdoor or a ladder or something of the sort.

OOC: 18 Search or 21 Spot

Remove ads