• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Actual Table of Contents for Xanathar's Guide to Everything

A lot of good stuff there. Of course, on the DM side, a lot of stuff is not there, but I like what I see. Actually, one of the most useful things will be the appendix of sample names.

A lot of good stuff there.

Of course, on the DM side, a lot of stuff is not there, but I like what I see.

Actually, one of the most useful things will be the appendix of sample names.

Dire Bare

Legend
Names are ... of no benefit whatsoever. Hence, useless.

From now on, Gladius Legis shall be known as "Hey you! Internet guy!" as names are useless.

You don't like the reprinted content in this book. Got it. You also don't seem to like the finalized versions of playtest material that was released through the Unearthed Arcana column. Got it. You don't think name lists are worth inclusion. Got it. This doesn't seem to be the book for you. I have no problem with any of that.

It's when you start telling the rest of us what is useful and worthwhile for us. I have no problem with the reprinted and finalized playtest content, or the name lists. In fact, everything on the table of contents sounds pretty good to me, and I will be purchasing the book. And I'm kinda irritated on your insinuation that my preferences are foolish, while yours are clearly superior.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I want the product, I just see it as constructive feedback, I feel the space could have been better used in a multitude of ways. Still I like almost all the Subclasses, I'm excited for most of the spells, looking forward to the racial feats, hopeful that they are doing something cool with down time activities, the spell rules and grid stuff looks useful, it might even have some cool magic, items, and the skills + Tool Profiencies have my interest.

It's really just mostly the human names list taking up so much space where they could have put something cool. Even setting suggestions for using the subclasses.

I mean it's annoying, but not near a deal breaker, I just put it out there in the hopes they read it and up their game in the future.
It's not for everyone: but I am fairly meh at random naming, and having something in a book at the table is useful. I would wager that WotC found a desire for such tables in their product research.

pkt77242

Explorer
Mastermind, Swashbuckler, Sun Soul, Storm Sorcerer tell me you are wrong.

Tell me there aren't 25+ more new ones. Again you are making this an objective issue not me I have no problem with you disliking the release, my problem is that you want to tell us all that we are wrong/bad for liking it.

Remove ads

Remove ads