The Adventurer's Guild

Goel

First Post
"Rocks are your friend, let a dwarf show you how its done. ...Though, I would mind getting some free climbing gear from the mayor."

bluesfella

Explorer
It's a quick walk back to the village, but as soon as you arrive, you can tell that something is going on. A large group of worried-looking adults are walking briskly through the middle of town. Mavros is among them, and as soon as he spots you he comes over.

"The teenagers and older children of the village rallied while you were gone. They were anxious before you arrived, but ever since you killed those drakes, they've had bloodlust in their hearts. Someone reported seeing a wounded drake in the marsh near here, and they've all armed themselves however they could and marched off to kill it before any of their parents realized what was going on.

We're headed out to try and bring them back, but after so much blood and terror, we don't know whether they'll listen to reason. They respect you...if you could come along, they might listen to you."
[sblock=Options:]If you choose to help them, you could probably travel faster than the adults. You are in good shape and are "heroes", after all. So, you need to choose - travel faster and get there without the adults, or slower with them? I'm sure there are pros and cons for each choice. (wink, wink)[/sblock]

Nicodemous

First Post
(speaking to Mavros) We must catch up to the children and try and stop them. They could find themselves facing more than one drake, or possibly the owners of such a beast. I believe my comrades and I can get there faster if we go ahead. Follow us at greatest possible speed and let us hope we catch them.

OOC: obviously, I vote we go ahead at greatest possible speed. Valor (my sword) DEMANDS it!

bluesfella

Explorer
You race ahead of the adults in an effort to catch the children before they reach the marshes. As you approach the area where the drake was spotted, you can see the group of youngsters just now making it to the drake as well. They haven't yet started their attack, but will within moments.

The crowd is mostly teenage boys and girls ranging from 14 to 17, but some children as young as 8 are with them. All are armed with pitchforks, shovels, rakes, and clubs. They are agitated and angry and heedless of danger in their fervor to attack the creature.

The warwing drake languishes in the marsh, scratching ineffectually at its head. With great effort, the creature speaks a few pleading words in a language none of you understand.

Goel

First Post
Stop kids let us handle this.

Sledge reaches in his pack pulling out some more dried peices of meat and moves toward the drake offering the food.

Last edited:

Nicodemous

First Post
Based on our experience with the last drake, I decide to take a risk. As it pleads I move in-between it and the children.

"(to the children) Yes, get back...let us deal with this. It may not be as it seems."

I look at the drake and walk slowly toward it while letting Sledge give it the meat. As it's distracted and appeased by the meat, I reach out my hands. "Easy...easy there..."

My hands glow and provide healing in hopes of winning it's favor.

Lay on Hands/Healing Hands: Healing surge +3.

bennage

Explorer
Ah, yes my young friends. I see the fervor of the moment has overrun you, and there are heroes here as small as myself. I would ask you though to do nothing in haste. Likewise, not to dismiss the counsel of those advanced in years. It is not wise for us to attack this drake without cause, allow us a moment and please remove yourselves to a safe distance.

Brocc begins herding the children away from the drake.

bluesfella

Explorer
Your efforts to move towards the drake are not accepted by the youth, and it becomes quickly apparent that it is the crowd of teenagers you will need to focus on, not the drake.
GM: We will handle this as an informal skill challenge, similar to last time.

Your goal: Convince the teenagers to let you handle the drake.

Go in any order, but in rounds. I'll try and respond to each post as soon as I can.

Don't use the same skill twice in a row, and don't use the same skill someone else just used.

And don't worry about only using skills you are trained in. Be creative, and I'll give bonuses. Do what you think heroes would do.

Harumph

First Post
Mallick slowly and deliberately draws his scimitars.

I have killed younglings before, for much more trivial reasons than disobedience. Stand down and go home.

Remove ads