The Adventurer's Guild

Nicodemous

First Post
Diplomacy

I understand your anger and your desire for revenge. But what you're here to do may not be necessary. Your hearts are brave, but don't allow yourselves to succumb to foolishness. Think through these actions. We may be able to use this drake to determine the true cause of these attacks. Stand down and go home.

bluesfella

Explorer
The crowd does not seem to be intimidated by Mallick's threats - several of the older boys shout back at him "These drakes killed Barnum!", or "Leave us alone!". One or two of them even plead with you to "Don't just stand there, help us kill it!".

It's obvious from their continued reactions that Nicodemus' Diplomacy does not seem to be working either. They just aren't listening to logic.

GM: You have discovered that Diplomacy will not be effective in this particular situation. That's a failure, BUT I'm going to give you a success as well for healing the drake earlier.

bennage

Explorer
Brocc focuses his attention on one of the older boys, who seems to be a gang-leader. He sends a suggestion, hoping that in the chaos of the moment, the boy will interpret it as his own thoughts.
These drakes did kill Barnum, and look at all these young children here with us. They'll be ripped apart and I'll be held responsible.

Harumph

First Post
Your actions here today will not bring Barnum back. You'll only be covered in drake blood and it won't make you feel any better about things.

Edit: SHEESH! Perhaps I should go sit down somewhere. These drakes are friggin DOOMED!

bluesfella

Explorer
GM: Mark, I'm not quite sure what you were planning with that Insight roll? Your quote sounds like Diplomacy, but you rolled Insight. Either way, you rolled a '1', so it's going to have to count as a failure no matter what.

Guys, you are losing this crowd, you'd better do something quick!

Goel

First Post
Sledge moves close to the drake to examine his wounds

to my companions: if we can't stop these kids maybe we can get the drake to flee.

bluesfella

Explorer
You apporach the drake without your weapon drawn, and attempt to ascertain the extent of its injuries. Seeing the drake not attack you, a few of the more insightful youngsters can tell the drake is not malicious.

The drake does not appear to be terribly injured. Despite a few cuts and scrapes, you can't see much wrong with it. However, it is obviously in great mental anguish. It keeps shaking its head and rubbing its eyes.

Nicodemous

First Post
OOC: I look to a leader of the group of kids (as identified by Brocc, earlier) and try to draw his attention to me, rather than the Drake.

If you plan to attack this drake, my friend...I'm afraid you'll have to go through me first.

Divine Challenge - Kid Ring Leader
Intimidate

Remove ads