• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Emperor of Solmaria

hippocrachus

First Post
"We could just jump," Xanthas says rather boldly, with a hint of boredom in his voice. He then gets down and surveys the cliff from the openning to the water, seeing if it is safe enough to climb down.

(Spot +1, take 20...?)

Lichtenhart

First Post
Dar offers his rope, looks at the river, wonders if he'll ever get dry again, murmurs a few words in dwarven to his hand, then says:
"Are you sure these things will keep us afloat, even with armors and all? You know, i'd rather die in a less embarassing way."

silentspace

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Dar offers his rope, looks at the river, wonders if he'll ever get dry again, murmurs a few words in dwarven to his hand, then says:
"Are you sure these things will keep us afloat, even with armors and all? You know, i'd rather die in a less embarassing way."

"Beats me. If you're not sure, then leave your stuff behind." Kinden shrugs. "Either way, I'm not going until I hear from Crodatch. I made a promise to Crodatch I was going to free his family and his people from the sewers, and I intend to keep it. Well Crodatch? Do you think your people can escape this way? Or is it too risky?"

Mithreander

Explorer
The orc-kin smiles at Kinden with a smile.

"If'n yous don't be minden, I'll be waiten to see how it goes for you an' yours."
the Orc looks towards the companions waterskins questionably.

silentspace

First Post
Kinden looks at Crodatch. "Eh? Don't worry about us, I'm talking about your people. I don't think your people will be wearing heavy armor. Do you think your people can escape this way, sneaking by the guards? If the guards see them, they will be in danger."

"I only suggested the waterskins because some of this group are reluctant to fight. Me, I want to fight, take out these guards, and leave an open path for Crodatch's people to escape. As I suggested before, I think we should be able to take them out, with a combination of missiles, magic, and some warriors on the ground. But I can't do it myself, and if the rest of you are unwilling, then hiding in the darkness holding on to waterskins is the best suggestion I have now. I don't like the idea. I think it puts Crodatch's people in too much danger."

Kinden finds a spot against the wall and rests, waiting for Crodatch to think about it.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Mithreander said:
There is no assurances that they will work for the unarmed, much less the armored.

OOC: Well, if the physics of this world are similar to ours it should work. It's hard to sink air-filled objects (like life vests, for example). At the very least it should give major bonuses to swim checks to stay above water. That said, it's your game, Mith!

Mithreander

Explorer
OoC: True, but how many of the characters have taken rudimentary physics, or even played with boyancy and it's limitations before?

The orc, still smiling at the elf answers his concerns. "Well, I'll leave now, and bring the others back. The main issue for us was the grate, not the guards outside. Besides, it'll take me a good 8 hours round trip, not including preparation time, to get back here. You go, and I'll be worryen about me and mine."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads