• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Future of Paramount+

MGibster

Legend
Yes it's been quite good at that but I am not sure it will make it out of this month alive as it were. Secret Invasion looks massively "meh" (not really keen to see Marvel ineptly do a genre so many people have done brilliantly), and Ahsoka isn't until August, and I'm not seeing anything terribly exciting in the Hulu section that I haven't seen, plus they pulled some shows I did like (Jeff Goldblum for example).

I'm getting a little burned out on superhero shows. I watched the latest Ant Man movie and thought it was okay, but like the second Thor movie, I just didn't care about anything that was happening. The Ms. Marvels show looks kind of neat though. I'm actually considering cancelling both Netflix and Disney+ and switching over to HBO for a while.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm getting a little burned out on superhero shows. I watched the latest Ant Man movie and thought it was okay, but like the second Thor movie, I just didn't care about anything that was happening. The Ms. Marvels show looks kind of neat though. I'm actually considering cancelling both Netflix and Disney+ and switching over to HBO for a while.
Ms. Marvel is a very fun show, though thart has little to do with MCU connections, and way more to do with an enthusiastic cast and a very cool creative visual approach by the filmmakers.

Some interesting stuff here. I really think folks are under estimating Paramount Global and all it has to offer. It has 12 of the top 20 TV shows, its making a deal with Amazon to add the Ad Supported Tier to Amazon Prime. Iys deal with Delta Airlines is expanding. Walmart+ growth is automatically Paramount+ growth on top of Paramount+'s other growth, etc...

If the ad market rebounds, Paramount has it made.

Ms. Marvel is a very fun show, though thart has little to do with MCU connections, and way more to do with an enthusiastic cast and a very cool creative visual approach by the filmmakers.
Yeah I think the only major issue it has really is tonal whiplash between the three plots - especially the bizarrely murderous and ultra-violent main baddies (who all die violently, including by being stabbed to death in several cases!) - and the weird '80s "LOL we're playing fun games with a Federal agency and they're inexplicably not murdering us!" last episode.

I cancelled Disney+ for the first time a few days ago. Nothing exciting coming, all their plans and decisions recently seem pretty bad, and yeah Quantumania was just dull and like such a C+ or 5/10 sort of movie. It wasn't terrible or anything, just bleh.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I cancelled Disney+ for the first time a few days ago. Nothing exciting coming, all their plans and decisions recently seem pretty bad, and yeah Quantumania was just dull and like such a C+ or 5/10 sort of movie. It wasn't terrible or anything, just bleh.
Disney has our number: as long as Bluey and Spidey and His Amazing Friends are available, Disney+ is indispensable.

Remove ads