The Grey Mist

GlassEye

Adventurer
"I birth life and I extinguish it, Heliasillyel, yet that is not the whole of the Weaver. Have you never considered what heights or depths those soul-eggs of yours might achieve if allowed to continue their journey without being collected into the confines of your realm? Or do you perhaps fear to allow that?" Ubariya changes the subject with a slight tilting of her head. "Do you seek to make alliance? Is not the Lady of Lava woman, too? You, Heliasillyel, and Lavaria are two sides of the same hand. Should I kiss the palm and spurn its back?"

Ubariya laughs, though not unkindly, when Sirion takes her hand and kisses it. She even seems somewhat pleased by it. "The future will be, at the least, interesting."

Ubariya sobers when Duretep joins her. "I am more than Death, my lord Duretep. Are you more than Madness?" She lets the question hang a moment before answering the question Duretep has asked her concerning her reasons for leaving the Black Chasm. "The soul-eggs of my realm are... constrained. The strands of their lives are weakened. They need challenges to grow that the Black Chasm cannot provide. I hope they find it in this new world. Though I don't think I can wait 12 aeons to birth them."

After Chrextes and the One and the Many have their say Ubariya thinks over Chrextes' questions. "I require mortal forms for my soul-eggs to be born into and challenges to encourage their growth. And a place of broken mountains, tall and perilous but riddled with caverns, where those devoted to me can walk knowing that I am only a step away from them." She stills, waiting to hear what the others have to suggest.

Rathan

First Post
Lavaria smirked softly slightly amused at Chrextes' little play on words "Precisely..." the fire goddess said simply as she moved away from the squawking woman to her side... quickly she grew tired of her reactive opinions. Not everything required a response.. one would think after thousands of years of hearing ones own voice would grow tiresome if continuously talking Lavaria wondered as she lips again curled into a bit of a bemused smile at her own inner monologue.

Lavaria looked past the 'sun' goddess once more to the tree like mass speaking in metaphor and rolled her firey hued eyes softly. He was right in some ways mind you but his methods to a fire queen were madness. "Life only exists when it escapes the call of chaos and forms it's own equation that the churning fury is no longer able to manipulate. This new world needs to see the power of heat and fire before it can flourish with your mortal sustaining tree references." Lavaria uttered truthfully knowing her theories were sound and true. Fire and heat were needed as the backbone of a new world and she was here to show them her powers were up to the task....

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"If I were to know than I would fall from my seat at the throne of madness in Skelsdebrast. I see wisdom in your words an I hope that we may be able to find counsel amongst each other..." Duretep shivers all the way up his body and a he returns to the manic "but I must be off, for you see they are coming to take me away,ha ha, oh they are coming to take me away, ho ho he he, to the funny farm..." Duretep begins singing and then he notices the massive pendulum. "Well, well, well, tick tock it's grandfather clock. I have been away from your realm for quite a while, or was it a small amount of time... it's so difficult to time the time you spend away from time without time to time that time, I think..." Duretep pauses after what he had said listening to Chrextes "I beileve that you have a screw loose, a dream is a dream because it isn't real to some but it is real to others, if someone were to live in dreams what would they dream of? would they dream of reality of the walking through a star, or would they dream of nothing making them empty shells of a creature, I myself would dream of eating celery while watching one of my eyes look at the other. My way is to spread, like toast on butter...scratch that reverse it and print it.I will think on your question and will get back to you on that."

"After Duretep spoke, Lavaria spoke of her nature and how it is the "backbone of a new world", this in it's self did not bother him he understood the truth in that matter but when she spoke of chaos that is what made him react." Duretep narrates out loud as he turns towards the Lavaria ""You know nothing of chaos my dear child, because nothing escapes the call of chaos. When you believe that you have you have merely made either chaos itself or more things to create chaos. I havbe had aeons to contemplate these things, do not anger at this few people understand chaos because to understand is ordered which you can not do about chaos." Duretep says to to the fire godess nowing that it will offend but understanding that he must teach her the ways of chaos. Both of his blades concurred on this point, the end" Duretep finishes and floats there motionless, as if he had gone comatose after his narration.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Lavaria waved off the 'mans' insanity driven rant softly with one delicate hand. "Bah.. what do you know for sure.. you're stark raving mad! The chaos has overwhelmed you in such a manner that not even you have a grasp on what is fact or fiction. Lavaria uttered softly. "That is the true nature of chaos, it itself doesn't even know what grasp it has on things. The nature of chaos is not to create or destroy but to oppose and it does simply that. Where there is life, it is death. Where death reigns, it brings life. It exists purely for the purpose of throwing a proverbial wrench into EVERY situation even our superior minds can fathom. Lavaria added as she herself was all too aware of Chaos' compete randomness and unpredictability.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Heliasillyel smiled, the other deities seemed to be as narrow minded as she had expected. "Mistress Ubariya, another time perhaps we can discuss the morality of our choices regarding the souls we reign over. Lavaria and I are no more alike than you are to Toril's Llolth, but you will come to your own conclusion in time I am sure."

The goddess stretched her arms, or at least, projected such an image towards the others. Some mortal habits were fun just for their own sake.

"Ah, The one and the Many, yet another ascended being. You at least, cherish life and your mission will need my help. After all, how can vegetation prosper without sunlight? Tell me, where do you stand on butterflies? - Heliasillyel leaned forward, looking at the huge image the God had presented himself as. - I simply love butterflies, and I have every kind imaginable back in Solarianderryel."

When the other Deities began discussing the finer points of Chaos, the Sun Deity could not help herself but prance around, chanting and laughing. "Chaos, chaos, chaos! You all seem to love it! - she giggled and clapped her hands with excitement. - I like new beginnings and unpredictability, as there is nothing more boring than a planned future and no adventure on the horizon. Chaos, in it's essence, is freedom. It transcends laws and boundaries, that is it's greatest aspect."

Voda Vosa

First Post
“We are not a being, we are all beings.” Replied the planet miniature “The sunlight lady is right to assume such. Only a handful of us does not need the energy of the glowing orb. We are butterflies, we are many other creatures. We’ll be glad to become more butterflies, if you allow them to join us. We’ll provide food to everyone, to everything. Every living thing will eat us, and at the end, they will all be us. We will provide shelter to everyone. At the end, every living thing will be under our protection. We’ll supply tools to the enlightened ones. And so they will be further bonded to us. We’ll be the grass they step on, the trees they climb on, the fruits they eat, and that their cattle will eat; we will be the wood of their bows, the hilt of their swords, the wind on their hair, their diseases, their cure. We will cover the earth over the realms of fire, where the rivers are made of molten rock, and the castle of the queen of the blaze arouse like a termite nest, over her domains. We will grow even among the arid and sterile rocks of the rocky homeland of the Weaver of Souls, up to even the lair of the spider queen we will crawl, in the tinniest crack, in the moist caverns we will spawn. Our elders will live eons, and will see the work of the father of time, from the beginning, to the end of the world.Chaos and Order are meaningless to us, for we are both, in perfect armony.” The planet’s voices echoes again, in a long monologue. “That should cover your questions Master of Clocks”

Rathan

First Post
"Oh Please Plant Lord." Lavaria said to The One and the Many. I am made of the the PURE essence of which her globe of powerful energies are derived from. Now before this posturing gets much further off course I TRIED to bring the world creation discussion to a point by offering a world first doused in primordial fire and heat. Who else brings what to the 'table' here?" the lava queen asks as her bright red hair flutters around her showing her evident annoyance towards some gathered here before her.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Fire is nothing if it has no substance to heat. We offer you Earth and Rock, for you to molt and shape, as we also rule over the soil and the rock, the ground and the bottom sediments. We draw our life from it as well as from the rays of light, and it is true that you are made of the mere essence of fire, but again, you are true to state you are too hot for us." replies the hive-minded deity. "After your part is done, we will claim the surface and the cooled lanes of earth, and shape the soil and the gentle hills, the rivers and the lakes, and there we shall strive, for eternity, and all those who live from us, will do as well."

OOC: Listening Coldplay "Clocks" as you write as a god is a powerful experience.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Duretep comes out of his trance as if a jolt of energy coursed through his spine. He floats over to the pendulum and turns his head to the side as he looks at the construct and curls up slightly as if afraid of it. "Could I please have a city, a city with a castle? Can this city be filled with many wonderful things? Like the things from dreams" Duretep askes in the voice of an innocent child "Maybe, maybe, maybe it could be a city of dreams where people could come and in and live a dream and dream things can be real, could you do it, could you do it, pleeeeeeeeeease. That is what I would like sir, thank you for listening." Duretep pleads with the mechanical god as he holds his kurkris close to his chest as a child would hold a teddy bear, "That is what I would like sir,I don't know if I am done but thank you for listening."

Duretep then turns around and watches the One and the Many. As he watches he regains his usual mad composure and studies the One and the Many, confusion and anger course across his face. "Where is the flaw, there is no flaw, he is everything in the world and he speaks true when he says that. It has to be there, what do you think?" Duretep mutters to himslef as he stares at the One and the Many as he pulls both of his daggers up to his ears. "My Lord, he is everything this is true but the fact that he is everything is his weakness..." Zhubkim says in a whispered tone that is only heard by Duretep, "He will either grow protective of his children or grow complacent with his place in the world..." Tunbuntbur continues in a deep rumbling tone exactly where Zhubkim had finished, "All you must be is patient, something that you are capable of." That brings a smile to Durtep's face and many plans to fly through his head.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
“Why is that you seek a flaw in us, Prophet of Insanity? Would you be so fool and mad as to pick an enemy on an entire planet? We warn you Mad One, would you chose to fight us, we will grow everywhere, and our roots will bore into the depths of your lair and into your minions. Our is not the way of conflict, but we know how to defend ourselves, and plants have no mercy.” Offers the planetary god.

Remove ads