The Heroes of Fannen-Dar

Bihlbo

Explorer
"Great, nothing to hide behind. Bad time to be me," Boldo mutters to himself as he fires a crossbow shot at a slinger. Motioning with his dagger, "You two move past me, I gotta try using this corner for cover."

OOC: Boldo shoots at S3 with a Sly Flourish, getting 14 to hit AC, and 12 for damage. I don't really know if I can move right now, other than to move into the open.
EDIT: add 2d6=8 Sneak Attack damage. Thanks EvolutionKB!

Also, it might be easier to use Walking Dad's method of sharing a map, ye olde Excel spreadsheet. I made one, use it if you like.

Attachments

• Fannen-Dar1.xls
    27 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
"You will die!" Morgran declares to the kobolds. Black and red flames erupt around his warhammer, springing to the nearest kobold.

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
Minor: Curse K6 (if already dead -> S2)
Move: Up to K10 if the space is free (see map).
Standard: Hellish rebuke at K6 (if already dead -> S2)
Hellish Rebuke (to hit vs reflex, damage, curse (if targeting S2) (1d20+4=18, 1d6+4=5, 1d6=2)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Morgran Deepwell
Perception: 12 Insight: 17 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 14 Reflex 13 Will 13
Hit Points: 30/30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 10/10
At-Will Powers: Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
Encounter Powers: Diabolic Grasp
Daily Powers: Armor of Agathys
[/sblock][/sblock]

Edit: Sorry, my fault. I have to curse the nearest enemy .(

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Mei-Ying advances, then pauses, taken aback by the little creatures arrayed against them. She backs against the wall, hoping not to get swarmed, and with a graceful sweep of her hand intones a spell...

Unfortunate ones
You have never seen the sun
Here is a small taste.

A bloom of crimson and green flames erupts in the midst of the kobolds!

(OOC - Move to J11 and Scorching Burst to catch S2, S3, K6, K7)
To hit: 10, 17, 7, 23 all vs Reflex
Damage: 8
Roll Lookup

EvolutionKB

First Post
Thomas strides forward callling out, "Focus on the slingers!" The arcane force of his words sends some of the kobolds stumbling back, clutching their ears.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to I6. Use Shout of triumph. Targeting in order S1, K4, K5. To hit: 17, 14, 11. 5 damage. Slinger is pushed 3 squares to F2(S1 gets a save to avoid falling from the platform. Immediate action: Mei gains 4 temp hp. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2088406/
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP 28; Bloodied 14; Healing Surge 7; Surges Per Day 10
AC 17; Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 15
Saves
Speed 5
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
:bmelee:Longsword (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d8+2 damage.
:melee:War Song Strike (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Weapon
+7 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage, and an ally that hits the target before the end of my next turn gains 3 temporary hit points.
:ranged:Misdirected Mark (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Implement
Range 10; +4 vs Reflex; 1d8+4 damage and the target is marked by an ally within 5 squares of me until the end of my next turn.
:close:Shout of Triumph (standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Enemies in close blast 3; +4 vs Fort; 1d6+4 thunder damage and I push the target 3 squares. Effect: Allies in the area of the blast can be slid 3 squares.
:ranged:Storm Walk (Standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Range 10; +4 vs Fort; 1d8+4 Thunder damage. Before or after the attack, I can shift one square.
:ranged:Eyebite (Standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Range 10; +4 vs Will; 1d6+4 damage and I am invisible to the target until the start of my next turn.
:close:Majestic Word (minor; twice per encounter) ✦ Arcane, Healing
Myself or ally in close burst 5; The target spends a healing surge, gains an additional 4 hp and can be slid one square.
Words of Friendship (minor; encounter) ✦ Arcane
I gain a +5 on the next diplomacy check before the end of my next turn.
:melee:Slayer's Song (standard; daily) ✦ Arcane, Weapon
+7 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, and the target grants CA to you and your allies(save ends). Miss: Half damage. Effect: Whenever you hit an enemy, that enemy grants CA to you and your allies until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

Camelot

Adventurer
Boldo's bolt looks like it will hit the kobold, but it strikes the side of the platform, just below its foot.

The kobolds by now are all ready for you. The slingers wait for you to enter so they can get a better shot, and only a single minion runs to greet you. One of the kobolds right in front of you rushes at MAIA with its javelin drawn. However, you probably know that kobolds are very lousy at being evil, and your first sight of an attacking kobold proves no different. The minions stumbles on its way towards MAIA and ends up stabbing its javeling into the ground a foot away from the warforged. It is now in a disadvantageous position, granting all attackers combat advantage.

The other kobolds wait greedily for you to enter the cavern.

Mei Ying's path becomes blocked by the fumbling kobold, but no matter. She can still reach her targets from where she is. Mei Ying's fiery pellet dances past her allies heads and explodes in the air next to the kobold slingers. The blast catches one slinger (S3) and the remaining minion, killing the minion and making the slinger very annoyed.

MAIA unleashes his attack on the pesky kobold blocking his way, smashing his halberd into its head and killing it in a single blow. He then moves closer to the group of three, preparing to smash them to bits.

As he enters the room, the kobolds finally unleash their attacks. The first slinger slings a gluepot at MAIA, hitting him square on the head. The glue drips down his legs and onto the floor, then hardens, glueing him into place.[sblock=Damage and Effect]MAIA takes 9 damage, eliminating his temp hp and 1 hp, bringing him to 34 hp, and is immobilized (save ends).[/sblock]The second slinger shoots a regular shot at him, hitting a soft part of his wooden body.[sblock=Damage]MAIA takes 7 damage, reducing his hp to 27. These kobolds can really pack a punch![/sblock]The third kobold decides to try his luck with the other adventurers, firing a gluepot at poor Thomas, but the pot bounces harmlessly off his chainmail, the gluey part missing its mark.

The kobolds on the ground are also getting into the action. MAIA becomes surrounded by the three he was going to attack. They all try to stab at him with their javelins, but even while glued, MAIA swiftly dodges all the attacks. One kobold (K3) even fumbles on his attack, granting combat advantage.

The two remaining minions run towards the tunnel. One enters and attacks Thomas, who is now in the front. The kobold misses completely and stealthily retreats before Thomas has a chance to react. The other kobold then slips past and tries his luck against Thomas, but once again, Thomas proves to agile to hit, swinging up his shield at the last second to block the javelin from hitting him in the chest.

By now, the bard and the warlock may have different plans. Also, if I had someone do something that is the total opposite of their plan, tell me and I will correct it. Thomas is next, then Morgran. I'll try attaching the map. I think it worked...

Attachments

• Fannen-Dar.xls
    21.5 KB · Views: 105

EvolutionKB

First Post
Thomas slashes out with his longsword at the kobold in front of him. "I'm coming!" The blow is fatal and the kobold falls to the ground bleeding heavily. Seeing an opening and knowing the kobolds are jumpy, the bard takes a risk. Thomas somersaults forward, using the momentum as he stands to flip over the kobold.

[sblock=Actions]War Song Strike on K5. Hit with a 26. Kills the minion. Roll Lookup
Attempt an acrobatic stund to flip over the short little kobold: 14
Roll Lookup
If I succeed finish moving to F11.
Temp hp still go to Mei.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP 28; Bloodied 14; Healing Surge 7; Surges Per Day 10
AC 17; Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 15
Saves
Speed 5
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
:bmelee:Longsword (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d8+2 damage.
:melee:War Song Strike (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Weapon
+7 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage, and an ally that hits the target before the end of my next turn gains 3 temporary hit points.
:ranged:Misdirected Mark (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Implement
Range 10; +4 vs Reflex; 1d8+4 damage and the target is marked by an ally within 5 squares of me until the end of my next turn.
:close:Shout of Triumph (standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Enemies in close blast 3; +4 vs Fort; 1d6+4 thunder damage and I push the target 3 squares. Effect: Allies in the area of the blast can be slid 3 squares.
:ranged:Storm Walk (Standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Range 10; +4 vs Fort; 1d8+4 Thunder damage. Before or after the attack, I can shift one square.
:ranged:Eyebite (Standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Range 10; +4 vs Will; 1d6+4 damage and I am invisible to the target until the start of my next turn.
:close:Majestic Word (minor; twice per encounter) ✦ Arcane, Healing
Myself or ally in close burst 5; The target spends a healing surge, gains an additional 4 hp and can be slid one square.
Words of Friendship (minor; encounter) ✦ Arcane
I gain a +5 on the next diplomacy check before the end of my next turn.
:melee:Slayer's Song (standard; daily) ✦ Arcane, Weapon
+7 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, and the target grants CA to you and your allies(save ends). Miss: Half damage. Effect: Whenever you hit an enemy, that enemy grants CA to you and your allies until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=Thomas's Temporary HP]If you are getting this temporary hp from your virtue of valor, that only works when an ally reduces an enemy to 0 hp or bloodies an enemy, not you. Mei Ying gets no temporary hp, sorry.[/sblock]The kobold indeed dies, but then Thomas tries to leap over the next kobold.[sblock=Thomas's Jump]Here's how this will work. You need the Acrobatics to get over the kobold without it attacking you, but you need Athletics to jump far. Your Athletics bonus is +2. You rolled a 6, for a total of 8. Since you didn't have a running start because you were only 2 squares away from the kobold, hence you moved 1 and then jumped, you can clear .8 squares, landing you right on top of the kobold. As for Acrobatics, that would be a hard DC, 15, so the kobold gets an opportunity attack.[/sblock]Thomas jumps, but his heavy chainmail holds him down, landing him right on top of the kobold. Also, Thomas wasn't as acrobatic as he could have been, and the kobold thrusts its javelin at him. Luckily, Thomas's shield was in the right place at the right time, and Thomas doesn't get hurt. The kobold then shoves Thomas away from him, so that Thomas ends up on the other side of the kobold. However, his turn is now over.[sblock=OOC]Not exactly how you planned, but you got a little lucky, I'd say![/sblock]While the kobold is shoving Thomas around, Morgran curses it, then sends an infernal hex at it. The kobold shudders and dies, and Morgran feels reguvinated as if the dark fires of hell are by his side.

Up next, Boldo, then a kobold, then Mei Ying.[sblock=OOC]Is the map working?[/sblock]

Attachments

• Fannen-Dar.xls
    21.5 KB · Views: 113

Remove ads