The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Can anyone please fetch someone from the House of Wind to stop this thing," Pinpehlu pants, struggling to keep the golem from moving forward.

OOC: If the golem doesn't respond to Frog Froth, of course.

I love that drawing, by the way. Particularly the little boat.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
@FitzTheRuke The boat could carry the golem yet, but it's getting the golem on board that would be difficult. The drop from the bridge to the water is about 20 feet. You are no engineer, but you are afraid that if the metal golem was to fall from the bridge onto the boat it would go straight though due to momentum.

The slugman watching from the side steps forward following Pinpehlu's exclamation and addresses Frog Froth:

"Hello, I am Baga Vo, formerly of the house of Sea. I would be happy to go fetch a representative of the House of Wind, but this cannot take anything less than half an hour. I would have to get there, convince them to come over etc... you know how it is. But I will do this for you, or assist in any way. For a modest fee of course".

You are pretty sure you don't have half an hour.

The slugman doesn't look particularly strong, but after you stare for a moment he adds "well the least I can do is this" - he points and his servant - a stout, middle-aged man with a mace that Pinpehlu recognized as a retired dock worker - goes and grabs the rope along Miu. "Well that is a few more minutes. I could have given you a high quality grease for the floor - marvelous idea, well done - but alas it would take me even longer to fetch my materials, don't live nearby. And golems are notoriously difficult to affect by magic, and I don't think any of my spells would be of use any way... we need a plan".

Fradak

Explorer
"This is ridiculous" thought the Lawyer. But the employer really wanted his Golem... Fine.

As an expert swordsman, Subötaï had the bad habit to see the world through this sole prism: cut things down. He studied the bridge itself. Was it made of wood? If yes, with some well placed sword strikes on those old beams supporting the bridge, the whole platform could maybe slide into the river and become a raft, with the Golem already on board. With some paddling, we could maybe reach the other bank and then, the employer could continue to follow the Golem wherever he wanted. Maybe.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dubi Gan gave Frog Froth a quick, stern look for mentioning the box. He knew that there was little that he could do to 'command' a slugman, but he hoped that Frog Froth would remember to honour their agreement. To be fair, this was never part of the agreement, nit any plan that he had made. No, it was just a curiosity and one that was, perhaps, starting to cost him more than it was worth.

"This is pointless." he decided. "Let it go."

Last edited:

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
"This is pointless." he decided. "Let it go."

Miu is pulling at the rope tied around the golem. His hands feel like they're burning, the rope twisting and rubbing against his skin. He doesn't know how much longer he can continue...

Overhearing Dubi Gan's suggestion to abandon the golem, he readies himself to let go of the rope — if they choose to do so.

Last edited:

wingilbear

Explorer
What you want to just let it go?!? The wind clan offered 1000 rupees to anyone who brought their golem back in good condition! Think of the money you just want to let it go!? Let’s see what these observers think of that...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"A thousand rupees!" exclaimed Baga Vo. He raised his voice and said as loudly as he could "One Rupee each for each person who helps! Come on, grab that rope!"

Within moments, dozens are holding on, and their combined strength is more than sufficient to hold the golem in place. An older Lamarakhi looks shrewdly at the group. "For 50 rupees I can get you a boat in 2 minutes. You want that golem to cross the river, yes?"

Remove ads