The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Dubi Gan had rested and eaten at the bend in the creek. His throat was still sore, and it made a clicking noise that only he could hear, every time he swallowed.

When they arrived at the old woman, he held back, watching her suspiciously, but he couldn't keep his eyes off of the shiny cloak. What a strange thing to wear.

OOC: Skill 6 Roll: 2D6 = [4, 5] = 9 (Fail)
Heal: 1D6 = [4] = 4
Stamina 8/14; Provisions 4/6
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Those who made their awareness check, you notice 2 things

1: Above the woman are two birds, who are watching you, her, and the surrounding areas intently

2: The old woman's cloak is made of metal plates. Initially, you assumed that this was some kind of crude armor - cheap pot metal plates riveted on a thick cloak. But as you approach, you cannot seen the underlying layer, the plates overlap. Also, the plates are incredibly thick - a good half cm (almost a quarter inch) thick. This cloak must weight 200-300 pounds! The greatest warrior would struggle under such a burden, let alone an old woman...

The old woman cackles at the slugman's words "Lovely woman? Clearly the opium smoke has scared your eyes slugman!"
"A place like this - a reminder that the Yellow City is in decline, that the Jungle is winning? It is I who should ask you what you are looking for. Clearly, you did not come here looking for lovely ladies - you wouldn't know them if you saw them."
With that, the old woman cackled again.
 

wingilbear

Explorer
I stand by my statement and I feel I know beauty when I see it. While Love and commitment is always something I search for we came here specifically to look for the blue palace.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Beauty? Pinpehlu looks at Frog Froth with a look of puzzlement. What sort of taste in women does the slugman have?

Then the porter shrugs. Different species, different definition of beauty, apparently.

He continues eating, enjoying the sun on his skin for the moment. No doubt he will have to be alert for danger soon enough, so Pinpehlu relaxes now that there is some peace and quiet. It is obvious he has not seen anything suspicious or odd about the woman.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The crone cackles again at Frog Froth's response.

"Information you seek? an exchange you hint at? Alas, you do not have the secret I need. But, you may still help me... Bring me the hand of a child. Do that for me, and precious wisdom I will impart"

Then, smiling slyly, she adds:

... as far as love... I am not THAT kind of witch!
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
The hand of a child? thought Dubi Gan, What a terrible person!

Still, he wanted 'precious wisdom' and was tempted... no. That was a step too far.
 

wingilbear

Explorer
You believe I desire the love of someone else? What if I only want to gaze at your beauty as long as I may dare. Would you like to join me for dinner? Sadly meager rations but the company will make up for it.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"The hand of a child?" Pinpehlu mutters. "With the child still attached to it, I hope?"

He shakes his head, apparently talking to himself.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The crone's hearing was evidently quite sharp, as her eyes snapped to Pinpehlu.

"Is your brain rotted by opium too? Of course not!"
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Startled, Pinpehlu looks at the crone wide-eyed.

"But--" he starts, then stutters a few syllables. Regaining his posture somewhat, the porter says with little confidence, "That's horrible."
 

wingilbear

Explorer
If my flirting is having no effect and she is done with us I assume we snack and then continue westward unless someone has a child’s hand on them.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The crone's eyes narrows, and she stands. The metal plates make no sound but seem to almost puff up, making her seem bigger. Although she doesn't clear 5 feet, you suddenly feel as if she is towering over you. She hisses.

"You would refuse me? Your petty quest is nothing to mine. You seek mere treasure, I seek to save the land! "

Her voice booms and takes a deeper, almost metallic timbre.

"BRING ME THE HAND OF A CHILD!!!"

The two birds watching over her fly down as she bellows, carrying a string. She steps on it an they fly away.

Every one make a luck check.
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
OOC: Weird. I posted 12 hours ago that I rolled a 9 (which is my luck score, now 8) but the post seems to have totally disappeared!
 

Advertisement

Top