The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ok - I'll include an updated map that will give you a better idea of what you have explored already once I get those missing luck checks. Note that you are still "kinda lost" although that may change soon.
 

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
Luck Roll: 2D6 = [2, 1] = 3

OOC: I'm back! Sorry guys for being absent. Been a tad busy on my end over the past few weeks. Gonna do my best to jump back in as the scarred-faced fortune teller. Already, it seems my luck with the dice rolling is going just as poorly as it was before, haha (Edit: scratch that... I forgot how luck rolls work for a moment. So I have luck 12, so it's a pass! And I'll bring down my luck by one.)
 
Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Everyone feels a sickening compulsion to obey her command... but the feeling fades quickly. You press on, following the creek.

OOC: here are two maps. I've added "dots" to show explored areas. You are currently "semi-lost" You have a landmark (the creek) but you aren't sure where you are on said creek and of your directions. (will post in a moment, screwed up, sorry).
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The "purple dots" area is roughly the area you explored before getting lost ish (the Red Road itself is "explored")
Troika Map 4b.png
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: And here is the current map.

You follow the creek upstream until you reach what is definitely the edge of Lahag - a dangerous area, and not where the Blue Palace is supposed to be.

Nearby, Frog Froth recognizes a nearby structure's layout - you believe that it is a garden shrine, there are a few temples that look just like this in the yellow city - a large wall enclosure around some kind of garden. However, at the moment you can't tell which god this is, and it clearly is abandoned. This is not the Blue Palace, but maybe there is something interesting in there?

what does the party do?
Troika Map 5b.png
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
"Ah, Lahag. So we have ventured too far west." mused Dubi Gan, not yet concerned. "Lat's have a look at that temple before heading south by south-east. Shall we?"
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Pinpehlu is still shivering from the crone's cruel demand, and so he is wary as they approach the shrine.

"Let's be on our guard," the porter whispers as he follows Dubi Gan. "Plenty of strange creatures seem to make this place their home."
 

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
"A child's hand," Miu mutters under his breath, still shocked by the crone's words.
It can't possibly be an actual child...

OOC: Using my special ability, I'd like to ask you (referee) a yes or no question... Does the crone want a real disembodied child's hand? My thinking is that she might not be speaking so literally. Maybe it's a relic called "a child's hand" or maybe it's the hand of a broken statue...
 

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
Miu's head is still bandaged, looking somewhat like a mummy.
He snaps back from his thoughts. "But, yes — let's explore this place with caution. Maybe there will be some clues to where the other palace is located. Worst case, maybe we'll find something valuable for all our hard troubles."
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
(OOC: I don't have time for a full post tonight, but I'll give you some information and a new updated map - you are now "unlost" as you have reached a corner.)

@tuffghost12 : You don't get a vision, but you do remember something. Although you are not a priest, you are somewhat familiar with some of the numerous cults of the Yellow City, as some do offer "knowing type" powers (i.e. divination, i.e. "competition"). The various gods all have something in common - they demand sacrifice, and they are particular about what they like. It can be of various things - blood is common, but birds, fish, flower petals, tea...

There is one god. Yato, hoarder of secrets. A small, cunning mole. People go to him to hide secrets, but sometimes uncover them... and he demands the sacrifice of hands. His temple is not too far from here, in the Red Bank District.
 

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
“I don’t mean to distract or deviate from our current plans, but I thought it wise to share… The crone’s demands for the hand reminded me of something I heard during my travels. Of a particular cult that deals in similar sacrifices. A human hand. These folk give such sacrifices to a god they worship: Yato, hoarder of secrets. People go to him to hide secrets, but sometimes uncover them... and he demands the sacrifice of hands. His temple is not too far from here, in the Red Bank District. I don’t know wether this is something we should pursue or not. Perhaps when we’re back in the Yellow City, we should pay a visit to this temple.”
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Troubled by Miu's words, the party enters the garden. a few plans come from within the cobbles, but the floors seem scrubbed clean. There are small side buildings but the central clearing is what would have been the center of worship. In the middle is a desiccated, dead palm tree, that hasn't fallen despite its condition.

Frog Froth, you recognize this, or think so. It is the corpse of a tree-god, who once had worshipers and followers, but has since withered and died. There is such a tree-god (living) near your House's palace, the Memory Tree. What this one was... you do not know.

The others note two more things of note. First, there are 3 bodies here on the floor, long since dead. Second, in the shadows, there is a figure, crouching on the ground, eating.

It looks up. It skin is bluish, and it is terribly gaunt. Its belly is distended and its mouth is distended and filled with an enormous mass of moss, which was stuffing it its mouth. It has a... translucence. It gets up and starts approaching you.

What do you do?
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The figure lets a muffled groan, chunks of moss dripping from its stuffed mouth. It extends its hand forward and starts approaching you. You faintly see what is behind it. It is clear that whatever this is, it once was human, but no longer is.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I don't think it's in a mood for conversation," says Pinpehlu anxiously, and the porter drops his yoke while reaching for his hook, preparing to defend himself...
 

Advertisement

Top