The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
"Sir, do you happen to know where we can find the Bluuue.... oh, aaah! Get back, foul wretch!" Dubi Gan drew his sword.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Preta Defence vs Subotai: 2D6+6 = [1, 4]+6 = 11
1D6 = [2] = 2


In a smooth, practiced strike, Subötaï drew and cut so fast that the strange being didn't even react, the sword going through the arm as if it was butter

Such a blow should have chopped off the arm and won the fight... but the arm was still there, as if the blow had never been delivered! The creature reached for Dubi Gan

Preta attack vs Dubi Gan: 2D6+6 = [5, 1]+6 = 12
1D6 = [6] = 6


( @FitzTheRuke I will need an opposed swords check)
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Dubi Gan slashed at the creature and jumped back, avoiding its outstretched hands. The tip cut at the creature's face had no effect at all.

At the instant, everyone is outside of immediate reach of the creature but it will need but a "footstep" or 2 to reach you again, which is seems like is its plan.

What are you doing?
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
"It appears that this foul thing cannot be harmed by the usual means," Dubi Gan pointed out, "Perhaps we could try something like what we attempted with the Construct, and knock it down and then tie it up? Or should we flee?"
 

Fradak

Explorer
Subötaï steps in front of the creature and takes a defensive position."Let's try fire. " he said over his shoulder.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Fire," Pinpehlu confirms with a nod. Then, while Frog Froth starts slashing at the blue creature, Pinpehlu digs into his packs and retrieves his flask of oil.

Holding the flask up triumphantly, the porter returns to his spot, and prepares to throw the contents onto their assailant.

OOC: No sure if I can splash oil in this turn already, plus I'm curious to see what happens when Frog Froth's blades connect.

Then, do I need to roll something in order to throw oil on the ghoul?

Also, I don't know if we can quickly light it?
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The Templar of the Bull of Battle stepped forth. Frog Froth had forged the blades themselves, there was no magical investment there, no blessing. But they were wielded with unshakable faith. The preta couldn't avoid them.

defensive roll preta vs Frog Froth: 2D6+6 = [4, 5]+6 = 15
1D6 = [6] = 6


The Bull of Battle witnessed. And, something very rare occurred. He intervened. There was a brilliant flash, a concussive blast, everyone thrown on their back. Froth Froth came to first. Their two Kukris had turned a brilliant white, like the blades were of a polished silver reflecting white clouds in the sky. The wooden handles were now of bleached ivory. Their hands stung, and were now completely black...

The Preta was on the ground, head cleanly hacked off. Its form was blurring, dissolving...

(OOC: Critical hit by a templar vs an undead? That could have some special effect... )

What do you do?
 

Fradak

Explorer
"Or God's fire... That will do." said Subötaî, getting up.

"We are officially in a holly quest now, I suppose."
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Pinpehlu sits back up, eyes wide. His mouth is open, but no words come out; the porter is awestruck.

He watches Frog Froth with plain admiration.
 

wingilbear

Explorer
I bury the blades in the enemy holding it down while I kneel in prayer to the sacred bull...

OOC looking at this it would be super cool if in the course of a long campaign the Templar slowly gained swords of different colors and types from critical hits against enemies
 
Last edited:

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
With a morbid curiosity, Miu steps forward towards the headless creature, wishing to inspect it.
"There are signs of this creature being human... But what was responsible for this ungodly transformation?"
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
At this point both the scholar and the mystic can ask a question and do a luck check to see if they know the answer.
 

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
At this point both the scholar and the mystic can ask a question and do a luck check to see if they know the answer.
Luck: 2D6 = [4, 6] = 10
My current luck is 6...


Miu stands above the headless body, wondering what could have done such a thing. He fears that it's a warning. He meditates on the thought, desperate to find an answer, but he's overwhelmed with an unknown spiritual energy. Alas he cannot decipher its meaning.
 
Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Miu, all you can get from this place is a sense of loss and grief, it hides everything else.

The being's body is now a blurry outline, within a few more minutes it will be gone.

There are side buildings around this garden, and 3 skeletons. (as in bodies, not undeads)
 

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
OOC: A few questions...
What type of buildings are surrounding the garden? Are they large structures?
Also, where are these skeletons located in relation to our group?
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top