The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Dubi Gan: You recognize this strange device as a mechanical heart, meant to be used by a golem. There was a fad about a 1000 years ago to make golem more "organic" with magical fluids pumping through carefully made veins etc. This fell out of favor, but the item still has some value.

If you were to break it and strip it for the precious metals, you could probably get a few hundred rupees. If it was sold intact at an auction (slugmen love auctions) it would sell for more. If you could find the right buyer (a golemologist interested in this topic)… a few thousand rupees wouldn't be out of the question.

The least lucrative option would be to turn it over to the previous owner (the House of Wind) for a small reward, but it would put you in the good grace of a minor Noble House, which is something.

I will note – you did research specifically on this! - that objects found in the Old City are "finders keepers", by Yellow City Law. So legaly speaking, you don't have to return it.

In brief, you definitely found treasure.

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
"And here we are again," Mui says somewhat relieved to be back on their mission.

As Dubi Gan is examining the odd contraption, Miu is searching the surrounding area for a possible path in the dirt — hopefully not heading toward the Red Road but deeper into Old Town. He's doing this only out of boredom as he waits. If no path is found, he's entirely content with heading North-East towards the center of Old Town, as originally planned.

@FitzTheRuke "Dubi Gan. Sorry to interrupt you... Maybe it's my poor memory, but I do believe you mentioned possessing a description of this Palace. Would you mind sharing some of these details? What do you know about this structure? Is there anything we should beware of as we approach it?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Re blue palace: Dubi Gan knows that it's probably in decent shape given how well it's said to have been built. Are there dangers around it? Have potentially hostile foes taken residence in it? Who knows! But Dubi reminds the group that, for now, the goal is only to find the palace, not go in it.

Re path: Well in many places there are cobbled streets that have partially resisted the encroachment of nature. And there definitely is evidence that ... someone or something is living here. Signs of passage, an eaten fruit, a spent arrow.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Guided by Frog Froth's keen eyes, you manage to keep your intended path through the Old City.

You reach what would have been a major square a long time ago. However, the street leading to it has been bared by a wooden palisade. Access to the buildings surrounding the square have been blocked - entrances and windows filled with rubble or crude dab walls (a type of mud and twig construction). Without scaling the palisade or the buildings, there is no obvious way to enter the square, although you could circumvent it if you so wished.

The wood making the palisade is at least a few years old, but this construction is clearly far more recent than the Old City itself.

Let me know what you are doing, and also everyone please give me an awareness check (or skill check if you don't have the awareness advanced skill).

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dubi Gan is happy to share all of this information with the group, in particular the options on how best to profit from the sale of the orb.

"But that is for later. Keep it safe for now. Let us continue on."

Then they arrived at the wooden palisade.

OOC: Is there any chance the Blue Palace is inside the palisade? Is there a door or a watchtower? You have my awareness, unless you mean for me to roll another.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: Is there any chance the Blue Palace is inside the palisade? Is there a door or a watchtower? You have my awareness, unless you mean for me to roll another.

You would have to get a better vantage point to be sure, but it's doubtful - you think that the palisade is not tall enough to hide the top of the palace. It's a 3 story building noted for its grand ceilings (so 50 ish feet tall?), with an inner courtyard.

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
Mui steps close to the palisade and examines it.
OOC: Are there any cracks in the palisade to look and see what's on the other side?
And to get a head start — are there any bits at the top of the wall or buildings that I can throw my rope atop, so we can use to climb over.

Remove ads