The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
Miu's head is still bandaged, looking somewhat like a mummy.
He snaps back from his thoughts. "But, yes — let's explore this place with caution. Maybe there will be some clues to where the other palace is located. Worst case, maybe we'll find something valuable for all our hard troubles."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
(OOC: I don't have time for a full post tonight, but I'll give you some information and a new updated map - you are now "unlost" as you have reached a corner.)

@tuffghost12 : You don't get a vision, but you do remember something. Although you are not a priest, you are somewhat familiar with some of the numerous cults of the Yellow City, as some do offer "knowing type" powers (i.e. divination, i.e. "competition"). The various gods all have something in common - they demand sacrifice, and they are particular about what they like. It can be of various things - blood is common, but birds, fish, flower petals, tea...

There is one god. Yato, hoarder of secrets. A small, cunning mole. People go to him to hide secrets, but sometimes uncover them... and he demands the sacrifice of hands. His temple is not too far from here, in the Red Bank District.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The reconciled map. As before, purple dots indicate the explored areas.

Troika Map 6.png

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
“I don’t mean to distract or deviate from our current plans, but I thought it wise to share… The crone’s demands for the hand reminded me of something I heard during my travels. Of a particular cult that deals in similar sacrifices. A human hand. These folk give such sacrifices to a god they worship: Yato, hoarder of secrets. People go to him to hide secrets, but sometimes uncover them... and he demands the sacrifice of hands. His temple is not too far from here, in the Red Bank District. I don’t know wether this is something we should pursue or not. Perhaps when we’re back in the Yellow City, we should pay a visit to this temple.”

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Troubled by Miu's words, the party enters the garden. a few plans come from within the cobbles, but the floors seem scrubbed clean. There are small side buildings but the central clearing is what would have been the center of worship. In the middle is a desiccated, dead palm tree, that hasn't fallen despite its condition.

Frog Froth, you recognize this, or think so. It is the corpse of a tree-god, who once had worshipers and followers, but has since withered and died. There is such a tree-god (living) near your House's palace, the Memory Tree. What this one was... you do not know.

The others note two more things of note. First, there are 3 bodies here on the floor, long since dead. Second, in the shadows, there is a figure, crouching on the ground, eating.

It looks up. It skin is bluish, and it is terribly gaunt. Its belly is distended and its mouth is distended and filled with an enormous mass of moss, which was stuffing it its mouth. It has a... translucence. It gets up and starts approaching you.

What do you do?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The figure lets a muffled groan, chunks of moss dripping from its stuffed mouth. It extends its hand forward and starts approaching you. You faintly see what is behind it. It is clear that whatever this is, it once was human, but no longer is.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I don't think it's in a mood for conversation," says Pinpehlu anxiously, and the porter drops his yoke while reaching for his hook, preparing to defend himself...

Remove ads