The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Preta Defence vs Subotai: 2D6+6 = [1, 4]+6 = 11
1D6 = [2] = 2

In a smooth, practiced strike, Subötaï drew and cut so fast that the strange being didn't even react, the sword going through the arm as if it was butter

Such a blow should have chopped off the arm and won the fight... but the arm was still there, as if the blow had never been delivered! The creature reached for Dubi Gan

Preta attack vs Dubi Gan: 2D6+6 = [5, 1]+6 = 12
1D6 = [6] = 6

( @FitzTheRuke I will need an opposed swords check)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Dubi Gan slashed at the creature and jumped back, avoiding its outstretched hands. The tip cut at the creature's face had no effect at all.

At the instant, everyone is outside of immediate reach of the creature but it will need but a "footstep" or 2 to reach you again, which is seems like is its plan.

What are you doing?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"It appears that this foul thing cannot be harmed by the usual means," Dubi Gan pointed out, "Perhaps we could try something like what we attempted with the Construct, and knock it down and then tie it up? Or should we flee?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Fire," Pinpehlu confirms with a nod. Then, while Frog Froth starts slashing at the blue creature, Pinpehlu digs into his packs and retrieves his flask of oil.

Holding the flask up triumphantly, the porter returns to his spot, and prepares to throw the contents onto their assailant.

OOC: No sure if I can splash oil in this turn already, plus I'm curious to see what happens when Frog Froth's blades connect.

Then, do I need to roll something in order to throw oil on the ghoul?

Also, I don't know if we can quickly light it?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The Templar of the Bull of Battle stepped forth. Frog Froth had forged the blades themselves, there was no magical investment there, no blessing. But they were wielded with unshakable faith. The preta couldn't avoid them.

defensive roll preta vs Frog Froth: 2D6+6 = [4, 5]+6 = 15
1D6 = [6] = 6

The Bull of Battle witnessed. And, something very rare occurred. He intervened. There was a brilliant flash, a concussive blast, everyone thrown on their back. Froth Froth came to first. Their two Kukris had turned a brilliant white, like the blades were of a polished silver reflecting white clouds in the sky. The wooden handles were now of bleached ivory. Their hands stung, and were now completely black...

The Preta was on the ground, head cleanly hacked off. Its form was blurring, dissolving...

(OOC: Critical hit by a templar vs an undead? That could have some special effect... )

What do you do?

Remove ads