The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The buildings are clearly part of the garden-shrine, built of the same material and in the same style. They aren't very large, and are probably places for the holy men to live, places to store materials etc... they are in good shape, you suspect this shrine was abandoned later than the others.

wingilbear

Explorer
I grab my swords and go investigate the three bodies. I will check them for valuables then I hope to bury them if there is some good ground nearby.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Dubi Gan looked at the corpse, who is now nothing but a faint blurry outline. He remembered a scroll he once read, a fragment "rescued" from fallen Syr Daria. In it, it spoke of a type of person who was overcome by greed - so much so that they couldn't abandon life and rejoin the Wheel of Reincarnation. These spirits were called Preta, and they were cursed to gorge on vile things - their appetites insatiable even though they hated the stuff. You realized that legends you heard as a kid matched this description - and that those legends specified that the Preta couldn't be harmed saved by magic or blessed weapons.

Frog Froth, you think that the bodies have been dead quite a long time, although you get a general sense that the deaths were not at the same time. Their equipment and clothes are decayed long past salvaging. However, two of them were carrying a substantial number of coins - 2000 coppers, 900 silvers and 30 gold pieces.

(Which is the equivalent of 631.25 rupees. It's not a fortune, but if you gave up and turned back home now, this expedition would count as a success).

I would like awareness checks to see if the party finds anything else.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Miu, while Frog Froth is examining the bodies, you are exploring what must have been a private chappel for the holy men. It's clear to you that the place was either abandoned "in order" - people brought stuff with them as they left - or picked clean by looter. However, you find, hidden under a pile of leaves, 3 small clay pots with some liquid inside (maybe 300-500 ml each). They look like jars used to store palm wine.

This strikes you as interesting because

1: On one hand, this is probably garbage because palm wine goes bad quickly
2: On the other hand, this was the shrine of a palm-tree god....

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
1: On one hand, this is probably garbage because palm wine goes bad quickly
2: On the other hand, this was the shrine of a palm-tree god....

First, I'll take a whiff of the bottles to see if they've gone bad, and pour bit in the palm of my hand to see that it's actually wine color.

Then — if it smells and looks fine — I'd like to take a little sip.

Remove ads