The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Very well" intones the head archer. "Dajit, you go"
"Why me?!"
protested someone (presumably Dajit).
"Because I don't like you" answered the chief.

With much protest and a bit of whimpering, Dajit, a small, old man wearing a loincloth and some crude, ragged fur tunic, went over the palisade with the help of a rope ladder, which was promptly pulled back once he reached the ground. "Do you think they'll take him hostage?" one voice asked. "We'll pepper them with arrows if they do" answered another. "Won't we risk hitting Dajit?" answered the first. "So?" replied the second.

Visibly concerned, Dajit hesitantly approached you, taking an oddly weaving path. "Uh... the goods please. The chief will keep his word"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"We have no plans to kidnap you." Dubai Can assured the man, "But we are not fools. We will present you with items of trade, but you will not take them until we have something of value before us in return."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The chief crossed his arms. "It is said that those expecting betrayal are often not worthy of trust. We shall see if the saying is true."

He held up his hand, one finger extended

"The Ophilones, the yellow-souled spiders, have grown bolder. They come from the south. They are cowards, but will use numbers to overwhelm you. They will eat anything, including human flesh. We have lost two hunters to them."

He held up a second finger.

"To the north, dwarves have been seen seen operating. They only go out at nigh, and attempt to be unseen. They set snares for small animals, and have conversations with hooded figures"

He held up a third finger.

"The Old town is inhabited by an old woman. Some say she his a Sone, a powerful cannibal witch. Some say she wears a dress of iron. But last year, she saved one of our young hunters who was lost and had broken a leg. She is not our foe."

The Chief crossed his arms and looked at you.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dubi Gan's face fell that none of this information directly tied to his quest, but he had to admit that it was useful to know. He nodded as they gave a knife to Dajit. Then Frog Froth spoke up and he had mixed feelings - they had already once refused coin - they had nowhere to spend it, and they did not like slugmen. But he held out hope that they might say something useful.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Dajit took, as respectfully as he could, the wine, the 3 knives and the few coins. He recoiled in fear when Frog Froth spoke up, and backed away quickly towards the palisade.

The chief spat on the ground "We don't want your bloody money slugman! Goods for trade, or we are done!" While no one was aiming at anyone yet, arrows were being knocked.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"You have given us three pieces of information." called Dubi Gan, eagre to get things back on track, "Which is a fair trade for three knives. But what have you for the wine and coin? Perhaps something on the location of the Blue Palace would please us."

He didn't really want to reveal their true mission to these people, but there seemed no indirect way to learn anything of it.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"The wine, as stated, was a peace offering, which we accept. As were the coins, I suppose. " He sighed and added "I know not of this Blue Palace. Our hunters do not wander very far, this is not a safe place. ".

Dajit turns around and speaks up "I... I have heard of this palace. There were rumors in the Yellow City it was a place of refuge. I didn't find it. I found here instead".

OOC: Interesting both posts were written at the exact same time ha!

Remove ads