The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Pirates Of The Caribbean Code GIF by Brian Benns

Asisreo

Patron Badass
I feel as though people have an aversion to listening to those that have played a certain option/class/race, etc. and just like to state how they feel like it would play, but never touch the option in the first place.

I get not having time to try everything out and not having good or bad first impressions at a glance, but why defend your own viewpoint so vigorously when it's based off skimming through the option, or worse, someone else's opinion of an option that they haven't played either?

I think people underestimate just how insightful anecdotal evidence is when observing multi-faceted problems like whether an option is effective or not in a TTRPG environment.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Phew. For a minute there I was going to take my and other in heres years of experience, starting with being new players, playing with scores of people in dozens of groups, with a multitude of new players starting across two, three, or four decades into account too. I'm glad we have someone whose own experience is definitive to save us.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Phew. For a minute there I was going to take my and other in heres years of experience, starting with being new players, playing with scores of people in dozens of groups with a multitude of new players starting across two, three, or four decades into account too. I'm glad we have someone whose own experience is definitive to save us.
Naw, we're just "blinded by our preconceptions."

That moment you regret there is no 🤷‍♂️ icon to comment a post, when you make a joke in a post and another poster answers dead seriously, extolling the healthy benefits of including pineapple in your diet...

Remove ads