• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_Jack

Legend
It would be so much easier to have discussions with people if they didn't assume everyone who disagreed with them was an idiot.

I assume everyone is an idiot whether they agree with me or not. After all, we are spending hours of our time discussing things on an internet forum...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
or "Rings of power all opinions welcomed"

Mod Note:
If this thread becomes a place to make direct snide remarks about other thread, it will get closed.

We're okay with folks sharing some of the general frustrations of online interactions, but not passive-aggressive potshots.

So please, folks, don't do this.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Well that is certainly a...creative?...position to take. I suppose that, if you get drunk, spin around three times, squint, and desperately want to start a fight, I can see how you might come to that conclusion. Somehow.

Seriously, why do people always take the least-charitable, worst-faith, most convoluted interpretation possible when discussing an opposed point of view of something? Why all the social gymnastics just to avoid having to say "I don't know" or "I was wrong"?

Oh. Right.

This is the Internet.

Ryujin

Legend
Well that is certainly a...creative?...position to take. I suppose that, if you get drunk, spin around three times, squint, and desperately want to start a fight, I can see how you might come to that conclusion. Somehow.

Seriously, why do people always take the least-charitable, worst-faith, most convoluted interpretation possible when discussing an opposed point of view of something? Why all the social gymnastics just to avoid having to say "I don't know" or "I was wrong"?

Oh. Right.

This is the Internet.
Because I can't be wrong. I once thought I was wrong, in 1968, but I was wrong.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
That resigned feeling when you are going to bed, and you know that multiple threads you're interested in are each going to be at least 100 pages longer by tomorrow morning.

tribbles-startrek.gif

You can’t deny that Johnson’s film shook up the galaxy far, far away—earning some misguided wrath thanks to the idea that going different places with Star Wars is sacrilegious. Johnson is aware of what he did and how it’s impacted the stories since. “I definitely didn’t approach the entire thing as a meta exercise because I think first and foremost, it has to be an honest expression of what the characters are actually going through. And it’s not very interesting to just think in a meta way about Star Wars.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads