• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Ryujin

Legend
I didn't post this in any of the OneD&D rant-threads. But hoo boy, it was tempting.

Wait. Wait wait wait, back up a bit.​
Are you telling me that Wizards of the Coast, a for-profit company and subsidiary of Hasbro, is trying to make money? from their own products? Are you--hang on, hang on--are you saying that the only reason they are making this new stuff, is so they can sell the new stuff, to people who want to buy it?! Is that what you're getting at? Are you suggesting that, after spending countless dollars to acquire, build, and promote the D&D brand after it was nearly annihilated by TSR, Inc., that they would somehow want money in return?! WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE, A BUSINESS?!​
Post that and you will have graduated to true Canadian levels of passive-aggressiveness.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Now, under 5E, they went for a more relaxed set of rules, but they're still pretty beefy, and people still love to argue and rules lawyer. I had a player threaten to report me to the convention's RPG Director because I had a barbarian throw a javelin at him when he tried to flee a fight by flying away, as his argument was the barbarian stat block does not include javelins, so they can't have them. All barbarians everywhere use greatswords, because that's what's in the stat block in the Monster Manual.
In 5e? Gee, my 5e Monster Manual doesn't even have a barbarian stat block.

In 5e? Gee, my 5e Monster Manual doesn't even have a barbarian stat block.

They are statted as Respectable People Connected to Nature and Unfortunately Afflicted with Intermittent Explosive Behavior, Victime of Misjudgment and Misconception Carried Out by City-Dwellers Too Proud Just Because they have Aqueducts.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
They are listed as Respectable People Connected to Nature and Unfortunately Afflicted with Intermittent Explosive Behavior, .

I read that three times, and each time I read it as, “Intermittent Explosive Diarrhea”

That’s on brand for the barbarian.

I am the great Cornholio! I am Path of the TP for my Bunghole!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Is it just me, or does it feel unencouraging when there is lack of commentary from people one would usually expect informative commentary from.

See, the first thing you gotta do is lower your expectations.

Second ... informative commentary? On the internet? I mean, I feel pretty lucky just to find a good poop joke! (See 1, supra).

Third, did you know that there are people that watch over chickens?

That's right. Chicken tenders.

...you're welcome.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
See, the first thing you gotta do is lower your expectations.

Second ... informative commentary? On the internet? I mean, I feel pretty lucky just to find a good poop joke! (See 1, supra).

Third, did you know that there are people that watch over chickens?

That's right. Chicken tenders.

...you're welcome.

If there are rumors of a fox around, and rumors that the chicken watchers have signed an NDA with the fox, then it's kind of spooky if you're a chicken. <Especially if you've seen Babe. >

Remove ads