• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryujin

Legend
Oh, and here we are thinking that Canadians are nice.

True story: my wife and I were on a trip to Rome, and took a cooking class - making your own pasta and such. There was one other guy in the class, a Canadian.

And he was such a prime nozzle. My wife conjectured that, in fact, Canada was so nice just because of this - each year in a ritual, they produce a sin eater, who they then send out touring the world, exporting all their worst tendencies, and we just happened to run into this year's sacrificial lamb.
We are nice. Rather than being aggressive-agressive, we stop at being passive-aggressive. As a result we have raised passive-aggressiveness to an art form.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We are nice. Rather than being aggressive-agressive, we stop at being passive-aggressive. As a result we have raised passive-aggressiveness to an art form.

Ah, so, to quote the witch in Into the Woods - "You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice."

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

I generally avoid tax issues, for good reason. That said, it is perfectly common to have other people with common interests jointly fund litigation. In my area of expertise, this is usually done directly.

I would be cautious about direct contributions to an individual or entity to fund litigation, simply because those donations might be treated as income; however, crowdsourced donations (gofundme, etc.) are usually considered gifts. But that's definitely a tax professional issue.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I generally avoid tax issues, for good reason. That said, it is perfectly common to have other people with common interests jointly fund litigation. In my area of expertise, this is usually done directly.

I would be cautious about direct contributions to an individual or entity to fund litigation, simply because those donations might be treated as income; however, crowdsourced donations (gofundme, etc.) are usually considered gifts. But that's definitely a tax professional issue.

Thanks. I guess any lawyer getting into it would work that out. For a relevant jousting with a big legal firm over the right issues I'd certainly contribute to the crowdfunding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads