• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Gotta love how each generation of gamer thinks they invented the “cutting edge” of the hobby. Nah. Sorry. But almost as long as RPGs have existed people have been using literary, theatrical, and cinematic techniques in their games. No, sorry, your hero did not deliver that thing unto the RPG masses. Go read an RPG from before 2000. Those “new” techniques you think were invented in 2000 were already in RPGs from at least 1987, if not way earlier. Your hero “forgot” to cite his sources, that’s all.

Last edited:

America isn't even an actual country,it's jsut ten corporations on top of each other in a trenchcoat

329784498_897894811630573_4886450315763636293_n.jpg

Ryujin

Legend
I have not, I have enough trouble sleeping.
Richard Rohmer is a retired Major General (cue "The Pirates of Penzance"). Published during the "Energy Crisis" of the 1970s. The United States decides that it's going to annex Canada for our oil reserves. President figures it will basically take a weekend and they'll be unopposed. There's a scene in which Hercules aircraft start landing at Toronto International Airport to drop troops and fighting vehicles only to get blown to bits, by surface to surface missiles from launchers in the old Terminal 1 parking lot above the terminal, upon landing. I read this book while working as the Lead Hand (parking attendant supervisor) in that very parking lot ;)

Remove ads