• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Scribe

Legend
The Germans have a word for it. "Meinungsverschiedenheitenmüde."

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'm worried about some of y'all's blood pressure.

Remember, you are under no obligation to buy another edition of D&D. You can keep playing 5th Edition if you want, for as long as you want. Writers can keep writing new material for it, and publishers can keep publishing stuff for it. None if it is going anywhere.

That said: dumping on Wizards of the Coast isn't going to suddenly inspire anyone to drop 5E and play (insert name here) instead. "At Least It's Not D&D!TM" isn't the marketing hat-trick you think it is.

You should let people enjoy the things they enjoy. They're gonna do it anyway, with or without you. Relax your eyebrows, unclench your jaw, and go have a mug of hot cocoa. It's gonna be fine.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Speaking of hot cocoa...

CleverCocoa
2-1/2 cups powdered milk (or soy milk powder, if you don't do dairy)
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules (regular or decaf, either is fine)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (optional but recommended)

Combine all ingredients, and store in an airtight container along with a spare 1/4-cup measuring scoop. It keeps for months. You can halve, or double, even quadruple the recipe.

Whenever you want a mug of cocoa, just boil some water in your favorite saucepan. Stir in 1/4 cup of this mixture for every cup of water, boil gently for a few minutes, then pour into mugs. Add a couple of marshmallows or whatever*, and serve.

*I recommend a splash of Frangelico, but to each their own

Last edited:

Thomas Shey

Legend
I'm worried about some of y'all's blood pressure.

Remember, you are under no obligation to buy another edition of D&D. You can keep playing 5th Edition if you want, for as long as you want. Writers can keep writing new material for it, and publishers can keep publishing stuff for it. None if it is going anywhere.

That said: dumping on Wizards of the Coast isn't going to suddenly inspire anyone to drop 5E and play (insert name here) instead. "At Least It's Not D&D!TM" isn't the marketing hat-trick you think it is.

You should let people enjoy the things they enjoy. They're gonna do it anyway, with or without you. Relax your eyebrows, unclench your jaw, and go have a mug of hot cocoa. It's gonna be fine.

As I've said before, this is often coming from people who (correctly, far as it goes) sense the importance of mindspace when it comes to finding players for an RPG. That's just as true within editions of D&D as it is among separate systems altogether.

Their problem is that they think attacking another edition/game is somehow going to win them more mindspace, and as you say, that's unlikely to work. Of course in some cases they don't care whether it works; they're dealing with frustration and striking out at what they view the proximate cause of that frustration, and any actual useful result is, largely, irrelevant.

Speaking of hot cocoa...

CleverCocoa
2-1/2 cups powdered milk (or soy milk powder, if you don't do dairy)
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules (regular or decaf, either is fine)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (optional but recommended)

Combine all ingredients, and store in an airtight container along with a spare 1/4-cup measuring scoop. It keeps for months. You can halve, or double, even quadruple the recipe.

Whenever you want a mug of cocoa, just boil some water in your favorite saucepan. Stir in 1/4 cup of this mixture for every cup of water, boil gently for a few minutes, then pour into mugs. Add a couple of marshmallows or whatever*, and serve.

*I recommend a splash of Frangelico, but to each their own
1 teaspoon salt - interesting :unsure:
Need to try it

EDIT: I'm gonna make a The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread Recipe Book

Remove ads