• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
It's also interesting how often "The D&D design team just isn't in tune with their general audience" actually means "WotC isn't writing the books exactly how I want them too!". Dude. They're the ones that read and analyze the feedback data. They certainly have a better understanding of what their general audience wants than forum rando #13 that's upset that they removed [insertoutdatedmechanic] from the game.

It's also interesting how often "The D&D design team just isn't in tune with their general audience" actually means "WotC isn't writing the books exactly how I want them too!". Dude. They're the ones that read and analyze the feedback data. They certainly have a better understanding of what their general audience wants than forum rando #13 that's upset that they removed [insertoutdatedmechanic] from the game.
But all six people I know who play dnd love [outdatedmechanic].

Asisreo

Patron Badass
2. I am unique but I am not special. Ditto for my game. The truth is nobody really cares much about my game (except me and my players). This is also true for other people's games (except I guess RPG celebs). I think to post online from a mindset that my game is the center of the universe is (in a sense) delusional, and for me to argue from that premise is me acting self-absorbed.
D&D adventures are much like dreams. Mind-blowing when you experience them yourself, but remarkably uninteresting when recounted.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
D&D adventures are much like dreams. Mind-blowing when you experience them yourself, but remarkably uninteresting when recounted.
Yeah. When someone first told me there were people on the internet streaming their games I said something to the effect of "So what? Why on earth would I want to watch someone else play a game?"

If the person recounting the game is a good storyteller, it can be great. Most gamers are absolutely not storytellers. Good or otherwise.

Remove ads