• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Remember, you are under no obligation to buy another edition of D&D. You can keep playing 5th Edition if you want, for as long as you want. Writers can keep writing new material for it, and publishers can keep publishing stuff for it. None if it is going anywhere.
Well, sure, not NOW. But eventually, they'll mobilize the Gaming Police, and the last thing I want is them busting down my door, stomping all over my carefully unpainted miniatures, drinking my Mountain Dew and eating my chips while they throw my whole gaming crew in the paddy wagon. Just you wait, these Woke people start with arguments about "fairness," and "respect," and other communist propaganda, and soon enough they'll move to eliminate the grognards.

That's why we have to be nastier, and do it first! So we justify the hatred!

Wait a minute...

Yeah. When someone first told me there were people on the internet streaming their games I said something to the effect of "So what? Why on earth would I want to watch someone else play a game?"

If the person recounting the game is a good storyteller, it can be great. Most gamers are absolutely not storytellers. Good or otherwise.
I especially don't like streams that center on VTT play, it's so boring

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Maybe this is it, this is the thread that finally solves once and for all the Incompatible Food Triad.

Can you find three foods such that all three do not go together (by any reasonable definition of foods "going together") but every pair of them does go together?

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Maybe this is it, this is the thread that finally solves once and for all the Incompatible Food Triad.

Can you find three foods such that all three do not go together (by any reasonable definition of foods "going together") but every pair of them does go together?
That one's tricky. The most inedible three-food combination we ever came up with was Chinese Chocolate Chicken Chunk, the ice cream nobody wanted. But chocolate and chicken really don't go together, even if you can do Chinese-style chicken and Chinese-style chocolate.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
That one's tricky. The most inedible three-food combination we ever came up with was Chinese Chocolate Chicken Chunk, the ice cream nobody wanted. But chocolate and chicken really don't go together, even if you can do Chinese-style chicken and Chinese-style chocolate.
Chocolate's actually a favorite go-to for this puzzle, because it's the key ingredient in most types of mole, so you've got your chocolate+chicken right there.

The only issue with this combo is that "Chinese-style" isn't really an ingredient

Chocolate's actually a favorite go-to for this puzzle, because it's the key ingredient in most types of mole, so you've got your chocolate+chicken right there.

I've never played this game before. Is beer allowed? That seems like a shortcut. I'm thinking something like beer, onions, and cream. You can have a cream stout. You can cook onions in beer. You can cook onions in a cream sauce. But I don't think all three mix at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads