• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
So tonight my 10 year old walked up to me and said, "I want to learn how to play D&D." I've been waiting for him to be receptive to the idea for years!!! He decided on being a purple tabaxi wizard, since putting things to sleep was a requirement of his. I had time to run him through a quick giant rats in the basement of the tavern scenario. I ended up having to fudge the rats first attacks, though, "The three rats lunge at you and rip you in half, wasn't that fun?" didn't seem like the ideal introduction to the game. Why can't I roll this well when I play!?

20240315_203526.jpg

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
How do some of you people find the time to post all the time? The best I can do is sporadically check the forums at work, but some people are up 24/7, adding 5 pages of posts to threads that are as long as essays, all throughout the day. Do you not sleep?
Not much, no.

Though...I had been between jobs. So now I have to wait until friday evening to add my pages of contributions.

MNblockhead

So tonight my 10 year old walked up to me and said, "I want to learn how to play D&D." I've been waiting for him to be receptive to the idea for years!!! He decided on being a purple tabaxi wizard, since putting things to sleep was a requirement of his. I had time to run him through a quick giant rats in the basement of the tavern scenario. I ended up having to fudge the rats first attacks, though, "The three rats lunge at you and rip you in half, wasn't that fun?" didn't seem like the ideal introduction to the game. Why can't I roll this well when I play!?

View attachment 351759
Man, I'm too superstitious to fudge that. "Sorry son, three rats jump up and eat your face off." "You mean my character's face?" "With this roll, I'm not sure. Best you keep your pillow over your head when you sleep tonight." "What!? Can I sleep with you and mom tonight?" "Not with that roll."

MNblockhead

They’re the ones that call Satan the “Peacock Angel,” right? A religion like that probably does exist in the setting, but the one I was making definitely does think that Satan/Asmodeus/Ahriman and the Demiurge are evil.
Equating Melek Taus with Satan due to Christians and Muslims misinterpreting what may be a much older tradition than Christianity or Islam. It is a misinterpretation that has led to much persecution and one of the worst instances of attempted genocide in recent history.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Just watched the opening sequence of Raiders of the Lost Ark and my copy of the new Black Crowes "Happiness Bastards" was just delivered...decisions, shou;d I watch Indy or listen to the new Crowes CD? Leaning towards the Crowes.
Oh man I don't know about the new album but Amorica is one of my all time faves.

Also drank half a bottle of whistle pig piggyback and that's the stuff I gotta say.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Equating Melek Taus with Satan due to Christians and Muslims misinterpreting what may be a much older tradition than Christianity or Islam. It is a misinterpretation that has led to much persecution and one of the worst instances of attempted genocide in recent history.
Good to know. I apologize for the mistake and thank you for remedying my misunderstanding. I only recently learned about its existence. And, just for clarification, I think it would be stupid and awful to discriminate against them even if they did worship Satan or their religion’s equivalent. The original “Satan” in the Old Testament was very different from the devil archetype that he eventually evolved into, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads