• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am always quietly seething in jealous awe of folks that have the patience, steady hands and talent to do modeling - be it Warhammer or whatever. I've tried. I just can't. Too cack handed. It is pretty to look at though.
It's really the patience bit that matters most there. My stuff in the 80s looked awful just like most folks' does when it started, but if you can force yourself to try to get better everything else comes in time. Best minis painter and modeler I ever knew was 100% colorblind but you'd never have known it from his figs. Tended to to lose his car in the parking lot regularly, mostly.
I tend to skip a lot of the little bits and pieces of the model when i put it together. It's mainly the painting part i like the most.
That's not an uncommon thing IME, although I don't grok it personally. Back when I was a mercenary hobbyist I used to love getting commissions for assembly and conversion work from folks who felt the way you do - for me sticking the stuff together and kitbashing variants is at least half the fun.

Inspired off site, but I just want to say "zownt!" is my second-favorite comic sound effect, right after "ominous hummmm..."

Why none of the Foglios' many comics have never had animated adaptations is beyond me, and a crime against all of human culture.

Ryujin

Legend
Inspired off site, but I just want to say "zownt!" is my second-favorite comic sound effect, right after "ominous hummmm..."

Why none of the Foglios' many comics have never had animated adaptations is beyond me, and a crime against all of human culture.
30 pound boulder. Rats.

JD Webster deserved an animated series as well.

Makes you wonder what sort of crap would make someone completely walk away from their life.
I don't like to speculate based on the extremely limited info we have. Whatever the reasons, it was a tragic loss of talent for the hobby going forward. All we can do is hope Dave felt he was better off with the new trajectory of his life.

Personally, I found Howard "Metagaming" Thompson's sudden business shutdown and total withdrawal from the industry earlier that decade equally baffling. Never seen anything suggesting the company wasn't still profitable, so perhaps it was personal problems - but boy, did it come out of nowhere for most people and in those pre-internet days it was a lot easier to really vanish from a scene and stay vanished.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I hope the doctors are at least mostly correct about that.

Depending on what they mean by "break", probably. I got a hairline fracture of my left ulna back in October, and other than keeping weight off it, nothing really much was done and it was healed in about six weeks. And I'm not exactly young.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
In another group set up to discuss a specific game system, some people seem to be very concerned that everyone in the group properly "honor" a particular contributor. I mean, I like the guy and all, but I don't put any of the creators of my media on a pedestal. If I'm in a group about a particular game system, I'm there to talk about the game system; spending pages of posts and comments talking about how much you respect a particular creator seems... I don't know, unhealthy, maybe? Like, people are people -- with flaws and merits and all that. These posts smack of some weird virtue signaling that I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads