The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
In my experience, everyone like stonefruit and makes every effort to gather some when they're ripe.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I just can't get worked up about druids wearing full plate. "Buh buh but they won't wear armor made of metal!" you say? Fine. Here's some full plate made of, I dunno, ankheg chitin or petrified wood or whatever. Deal with it.

prabe

Supporter
I just can't get worked up about druids wearing full plate. "Buh buh but they won't wear armor made of metal!" you say? Fine. Here's some full plate made of, I dunno, ankheg chitin or petrified wood or whatever. Deal with it.
In principle, yes. In practice, having that sort of thing make sense in the game's narrative and not feel like favoritism is ... not always easy or simple.

CleverNickName

In principle, yes. In practice, having that sort of thing make sense in the game's narrative and not feel like favoritism is ... not always easy or simple.

Eh, the way I see it? If the player is willing to sacrifice an ASI to get proficiency with heavy armor, and willing to sacrifice a thousand gold coins for full plate, I'm willing to sacrifice the sacred cow of "druids with bad armor."

prabe

Supporter
Eh, the way I see it? If the player is willing to sacrifice an ASI to get proficiency with heavy armor, and willing to sacrifice a thousand gold coins for full plate, I'm willing to sacrifice the sacred cow of "druids with bad armor."
Purchase? Absolutely--once you decide to allow it. I was talking about other placements, which--apologies--wasn't clear. "Oh look we found a suit of armor that's perfect for ... [looks at druid's player meaningfully]"

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Supporter
I just can't get worked up about druids wearing full plate.

546935a559f969811b6f8d955d16dea7.gif

CleverNickName

Purchase? Absolutely--once you decide to allow it. I was talking about other placements, which--apologies--wasn't clear. "Oh look we found a suit of armor that's perfect for ... [looks at druid's player meaningfully]"
I was just updating my house rules, and that was next on the to-do list. That whole "druids won't wear armor made of metal" thing never sat right with me, so I'm fixing it by allowing more armors that aren't made of metal. You want a breastplate, mighty archdruid? Go hunt some bugs.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads