• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Sadly, a thread celebrating a games 45th anniversary has turned into a how much it sucks buffet.
Sadly, but also predictably.

There is always That Guy in the thread who can't imagine anyone enjoying something he doesn't, and therefore tries to ruin as much enjoyment as possible for everyone around him. "I can't believe people still listen to Buddy Holly, ugh, that so-called musick is just so lame, blah blah blah, here's my 4,000-word essay on why you're terrible for liking it."

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Sadly, but also predictably.

There is always That Guy in the thread who can't imagine anyone enjoying something he doesn't, and therefore tries to ruin as much enjoyment as possible for everyone around him. "I can't believe people still listen to Buddy Holly, ugh, that so-called musick is just so lame, blah blah blah, here's my 4,000-word essay on why you're terrible for liking it."

Hey.... there's nothing wrong with 4,000-word essays.

Right?

My life is a lie .... sob

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Sadly, a thread celebrating a games 45th anniversary has turned into a how much it sucks buffet.
Needless to say, I don't want to step in and say my Solis has transhumanism (more in the vein of Zoltan Istvan and life extension though), etc.. :LOL:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Needless to say, I don't want to step in and say my Solis has transhumanism (more in the vein of Zoltan Istvan and life extension though), etc.. :LOL:
lol, yeah im waiting for somebody to say "my favorite sci-fi game" to be followed by a handful of posts saying, "I've never really considered Traveller to be a sci-fi game..." :LOL:

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
lol, yeah im waiting for somebody to say "my favorite sci-fi game" to be followed by a handful of posts saying, "I've never really considered Traveller to be a sci-fi game..." :LOL:
That is sort of another thing is that they aren't arguing about Traveller as much as the Third Imperium which while is the official setting, only about half of Traveller players use it. I showed my latest work in progress map in the Traveller fb group and got hundreds of likes, and it is near future, real stars, totally different setting.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I sincerely feel sad for certain posters whose every post is about how terrible players are and they can't be trusted and are always trying to find a way to cheat or bend the rules to the detriment of the game and the DM's fun. Simultaneously, however, I can't help but snicker at the fact that if someone is consistently having these experiences, maybe it is just them.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
That is sort of another thing is that they aren't arguing about Traveller as much as the Third Imperium which while is the official setting, only about half of Traveller players use it. I showed my latest work in progress map in the Traveller fb group and got hundreds of likes, and it is near future, real stars, totally different setting.
This is sort of what im talking about. Everyone has their "best Traveller version" and often the nitpicks are not that germane to discussion about the game in general.

Remove ads