• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Or this old chestnut, "You should just play something else instead."

SO tired of hearing that.
Depends on how the OP is constructed. If the OP is asking for opinions on how to do something, I think its fair game. If the OP specifically says they want x,y,z, then is inappropriate to hijack with an a,b,c instead posting. Some folks are good about this, others not so much.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Depends on how the OP is constructed. If the OP is asking for opinions on how to do something, I think its fair game. If the OP specifically says they want x,y,z, then is inappropriate to hijack with an a,b,c instead posting. Some folks are good about this, others not so much.
It just makes my eye twitch whenever someone opens a Dungeons & Dragons thread, sees the "5E" tag on it, (presumably) reads a comment about a 5th Edition D&D house rule, and then decides to respond with "just play something else." 0% helpful.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
This is sort of what im talking about. Everyone has their "best Traveller version" and often the nitpicks are not that germane to discussion about the game in general.
The version there is Classic, I hate to have every discussion hijacked by 3i people too.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It just makes my eye twitch whenever someone opens a Dungeons & Dragons thread, sees the "5E" tag on it, (presumably) reads a comment about a 5th Edition D&D house rule, and then decides to respond with "just play something else." 0% helpful.
Those headings can easily be overlooked. I did it a few times in the past and got (correctly) burned for being out of line. Now, I always check to see what the heading is, along with reading the OP closely. So, I've taken to reminding folks when they seem to be jumping tangent of the topics source and/or OP request. I know that can be exhausting, but constructing the best possible OP also helps a lot in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads