• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gygax knew more about the inner workings of the universe than Einstein.
If the gods do play dice with the universe, they probably use a random table from the dmg. However, we know the gods do not play dice with the universe, nor do they follow any procedure, hence why our universe is incomplete. Not saying that's bad or anything, some people are into vast, meaningless voids, just saying there are other universes out there. A multiverse, if you will.

Also there is no god.

I know some people are of the philosophy of just making your character(s) as you would like to see them and leave others to play their characters how they want to play them, and I get that. If it works for you, awesome. But despite being someone for whom the story does not matter except in how it plays out through game play, the fiction is nevertheless important. For example in the game I mentioned trying out, I made the character a hobgoblin fighter (I thought I was being a little out there by being a hobgoblin - I am so old and naïve!) But when every one around you is doing wild stuff it doesn't matter (to me) what you can or can't do or even how effective it is or isn't (again, to me) but just the image and tone it creates in game. I am not into bards who make anachronistic rock star jokes or the very idea of an astral monk, let alone one who serves the "flying spaghetti monster" and his astral arms take the form of immense noodles. Esp, in a Ravenloft game! And again, if other folks like that, I am glad. I just can't imagine living with it, let alone learning to like it. I left them to enjoy the game they liked. It wasn't personal. It just wasn't for me. I think I was spoiled by playing for decades with various incarnations of a group that may not have had identical tastes, but were all within a range that helped us avoid that kind of dissonant fiction.
Hey, I've been the Bard making anachronistic rock star jokes in a campaign with a group that vibed with that, and yet there's still a pretty low limit to my tolerance for joke characters who don't have any substance beyond the one joke.

Hussar

Legend
Ok, I have to ask. Why would you join a message board only to announce, in a thread about the newest version of the game, that you will never actually buy or play the newest version of the game and will only stay with the older version, when, the older version has an entire forum dedicated to it? Like, as in this was the fourth post that this person had ever made on the board under that name. :erm:

Ryujin

Legend
Ok, I have to ask. Why would you join a message board only to announce, in a thread about the newest version of the game, that you will never actually buy or play the newest version of the game and will only stay with the older version, when, the older version has an entire forum dedicated to it? Like, as in this was the fourth post that this person had ever made on the board under that name. :erm:
Key: "under that name."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads