• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not talking about taking or not taking anything. I am talking about the feeling of the game and setting.

"I am one of those weirdos who'd rather my wizard be stuck using a crossbow because he's out of spells than spamming the same cantrips over and over again."

The feeling of the game and the setting is about everyone else's wizards, not your own, isn't it?

Nothing wrong with that, but in terms of understanding your point, there's a big difference between "I don't want to do that," and "I don't want anyone to do that".

Also, I don't even know what book Artificers are in! (I limit class and subclass choices to the PHB).

It is from Eberron originally, now found in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything. I expect it is irrelevant given what you seem to have said above.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Shhh. Don't tell anyone in the D&D forum, but I am one of those weirdos who'd rather my wizard be stuck using a crossbow because he's out of spells than spamming the same cantrips over and over again.

N00b.

Real magic users can't use crossbows.

If I see you with much more than a dagger and a staff, I'm revoking your ability join me in yelling at clouds.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
"I am one of those weirdos who'd rather my wizard be stuck using a crossbow because he's out of spells than spamming the same cantrips over and over again."

The feeling of the game and the setting is about everyone else's wizards, not your own, isn't it?

Nothing wrong with that, but in terms of understanding your point, there's a big difference between "I don't want to do that," and "I don't want anyone to do that".
Sorry for the confusion but I meant "my" in terms of what my wizard can do because of the rules of the game. If I played a wizard i in a game with the RAW rules on cantrips and I busted out my crossbow when I could still be casting spells, chances are the other players would get frustrated with me and they would probably have more of a right to get frustrated than I would just because I don't like the flavor the rules encourage.

Hmm, now I am thinking 1 + Proficiency bonus cantrips between short rests + 1 point of psychic damage per additional cantrip cast.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
So if the RPG you want to play doesn't allow you to make the kind of character that you want to play, exactly the way you want to play it, then it's the game's fault? Hmm... 🤔

Have you ever considered just trying a different game? Or writing fan fiction?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It's not that I'm not a morning person, I am fine getting up to do something, it is just that I don't feel like I should have to ever talk to anyone before noon.
Especially, when I am hung over AF. (which has been too many mornings this week)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Especially, when I am hung over AF. (which has been too many mornings this week)

I haven't been hungover in years. I still have a beer or three on occasion - but always stop there (or have many hours between drinks). As I got older my hangovers got worse and worse from drinking less and less. I cut out hard liquor. I cut out wine. And now only beer and the occasional glass of champagne (which I love and try to get a fancy bottle for my birthdays). The first time I had a hangover that I still kind of felt two days later I was like "enough is enough." The worse is I suffer from migraines, and hangovers frequently triggered them.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I haven't been hungover in years. I still have a beer or three on occasion - but always stop there (or have many hours between drinks). As I got older my hangovers got worse and worse from drinking less and less. I cut out hard liquor. I cut out wine. And now only beer and the occasional glass of champagne (which I love and try to get a fancy bottle for my birthdays). The first time I had a hangover that I still kind of felt two days later I was like "enough is enough." The worse is I suffer from migraines, and hangovers frequently triggered them.
Im still rolling, but hear you on the older and tougher hang overs. Im looking into buying a supply of I.V.s to insert before bedtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads