The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
In looking at the copious evidence of neo-Nazi sympathies of that guy mentioned upthread, I feel sad that I instantly recognized that the "Hitler youth" shirts the ladies were wearing in the one photo were fake. That photo is a still from a 1958 movie. But I could recognize that the shirts were fake because there used to be American Bund-funded neo-Nazi "youth summer camps" in Pennsylvania, and here and there you can still find the shirts in garage sales (... okay, you could still find them in the 80s, when I remember seeing them there; I have garage-sale-shopped since then, I guess..,) And I know about that because I am a first-generation American of German descent, who has lived his entire life within 50 miles of NYC. And it's goddamn not happening again here, or anywhere else. Goddamn it. We fought a f*cking WAR to MAKE THAT POINT.

I'm just so tired...

Last edited:

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
In looking at the copious evidence of neo-Nazi sympathies of that guy mentioned upthread, I feel sad that I instantly recognized that the "Hitler youth" shirts the ladies were wearing in the one photo were fake. That photo is a still from a 1958 movie. But I could recognize that the shirts were fake because there used to be American Bund-funded neo-Nazi "youth summer camps" in Pennsylvania, and here and there you can still find the shirts in garage sales (... okay, you could still find them in the 80s, when I remember seeing them there; I have garage-sale-shopped since then, I guess..,) And I know about that because I am a first-generation American of German descent, who has lived his entire life within 50 miles of NYC. And it's goddamn not happening again here, or anywhere else. Goddamn it. We fought a f*cking WAR to MAKE THAT POINT.

I'm just so tired...
We fought a war and WON! This should have been over 80ish years ago. Unfortunately, ideas and political ideologies are the hardest things on Earth to kill.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
You dont win ideologies, you just force them to submit. Like the the last one that was won 160 some years ago.

The one that resurfaced a bit over a decade after that 160 some years ago, and held on tenaciously for almost a century, and then a bit more covertly for decades, and is still killing people?

Hussar

Legend
Dear mod person. Thank you. You just saved me a half hour of my life typing and retyping to say something the other side wouldn't care about, that I probably would have decided I shouldn't post anyway because it would have been modded.

Oh I have SO been there. And probably on either side too.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
X: "So, why don't you like pineapple pizza"

Y: "It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it's not on the menu here. Although I have eaten at places that have it on the menu. Menus are very important to the feel of restaurants."

X: "Cool, so it's just a menu thing to you and you're good either way."

Y: "Although I don't understand why there is a need to muddy up the menu with pineapple. There is already so limited space give to non-topping things."

X: "So it's not just a menu thing?"

<Go back to step two>

Last edited:

Remove ads