The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Got my heat gun, next will be the foam and paints.

306815598_10160151944819764_7253718566209985421_n.jpg

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I have
Got my heat gun, next will be the foam and paints.

306815598_10160151944819764_7253718566209985421_n.jpg

I haven't pulled the trigger on one of these yet, but I did get a hot wire cutting table for my birthday I have barely gotten to use because I got it right after a huge project I could have used it for. Sigh.

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
I did not comment on the thread about the thing that I don't care about. Because I don't care about the thing. And nobody cares what I think about the thing I don't care about.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think "fruit" refers to the part of the plant that contains the seeds...so each ear of corn is a 'fruit' and the individual kernels are the seeds. Right?

So, technically in a botanical sense, each kernel is a simple fruit, called a caryopsis.

Plants like conifers (called "gymnosperms") produce a bare seed, possibly in an inedible protective structure. But in all the angiosperms, there's a fruit which is a seed, plus a fleshy "pericarp" which develops from the ovary wall and some other structures.

In a caryopsis (like pretty much all grasses) the pericarp is minimized, and fused to the seed wall. On a microscopic level the pericarp is still present, but it hardly matters, so we tend to just call the thing a "seed", even if that's technically inaccurate.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I did not comment on the thread about the thing that I don't care about. Because I don't care about the thing. And nobody cares what I think about the thing I don't care about.

I find it helps to enter a discussion figuring that, even if I do care about a thing, nobody else cares what I think about the thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases