The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Actual other thread comment:

Ah. So let me get this straight…you’re complaining about people not understanding something and spreading misinformation while you’re…checks notes…not understanding that same thing and actively spreading misinformation. That’s cute.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Guy 1: "I'm still mad and I want to keep fighting them!"

Guy 2: "But there's nothing to fight about. We won. They gave us what we wanted."

Guy 1: "Well I'll just make something up, then!"

Guy 2: "Why? There are plenty of other--"

Guy 1: "(interrupting) WE MUST KEEP FIGHTING THEM, CARL!!"

Guy 2: "You should really cut back on the coffee, Ralph."

Rueben’s Restaurant, Manhattan, 1952
twh1c38hz4fa1.jpg
I'll take a 44 Barbara stanwyck special on white

Thank you for posting these, BTW. I recognize a few names (Orson Welles, Judy Garland, Ginger Rogers and Franck Sinatra). I suppose the others where equally famous in the time but it's sad that they apparently didn't enjoy the same lasting success...

Also, I find it odd that a sandwich place would be serving Beluga caviar... WHERE'S MY CASPIAN WHOOPER?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Gonna be out of town for super bowl weekend. We got a projector to shoot on the cabin wall. Gonna do game day snacks and such. Anybody got a go to nacho recipe? I really want to do a good queso blanco.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Gonna be out of town for super bowl weekend. We got a projector to shoot on the cabin wall. Gonna do game day snacks and such. Anybody got a go to nacho recipe? I really want to do a good queso blanco.
Good?

No.

Easy?

Yes.

Buy either the big or small brick of Velveeta of your choice (queso blanco in this case) and add one or two cans (depending on Velveeta size) of your favorite type of Rotel tomatoes with peppers (don't drain! Throw it all in there, you want the liquid). Combine in small crockpot and enjoy your trash.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Good?

No.

Easy?

Yes.

Buy either the big or small brick of Velveeta of your choice (queso blanco in this case) and add one or two cans (depending on Velveeta size) of your favorite type of Rotel tomatoes with peppers (don't drain! Throw it all in there, you want the liquid). Combine in small crockpot and enjoy your trash.
I'll probably just get fresh peppers and tomatoes and definitely will not be using Velveeta. Though, I'll use evap. milk and white American cheese unless someone can convince me Monterey is better.

I'll probably just get fresh peppers and tomatoes and definitely will not be using Velveeta. Though, I'll use evap. milk and white American cheese unless someone can convince me Monterey is better.

This is an alignment thread, but with food instead of an RPG.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I think good nachos are more about the technique than the ingredients.
  • Whatever type of cheese you use, make a proper béchamel sauce with it. Don't just melt it in a microwave with a can of soup or whatever; it'll split and get all oily and gross. Nobody wants to eat that.
  • (I use a blend of cream cheese, Monterey jack, and sharp cheddar, because I like it tangy.)
  • Whatever type of corn chips you use, toast them for 10 minutes at 375°F before adding the other ingredients. This will drive off extra moisture and bring the oil to the surface, ensuring that your nachos are crispier (and stay that way longer).
  • Avoid canned ingredients, and use fresh whenever possible. I make an exception for pickled jalapeno slices, but I'm a weirdo.
  • Keep all the ingredients separate until ready to serve. Once the cheese hits the chips, you've got about 10 minutes before they turn into a soggy mess. So it's best to set up a nacho bar if you've got the space, or to make multiple small batches if you don't.
I don't get to eat nachos very often (cholesterol issues, ugh) so when I do, I make sure they're worth the calories and elevated TCL.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

Trash?????

That queso is so good, you don't even need chips.* Just pour yourself a nice hot pint glass of it and drink it on down while watching some FOOTBALL. YEAH!

*Really, chips just slow down the cheese delivery. You don't want that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases