The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
My only Super Bowl snack will be the tears I shed because our team's QB position is more cursed than being Spinal Tap's drummer :cry:

Counterpoint-

You had Joe Montana and Steve Young.

You are just paying back a karmic debt. Not just from Montana and Young, but, you know ... Colin too.*

If you want tears, talk to a Lions fan. Or better yet, don't. Most of them are sub-verbal from the years of pain inflicted upon them from watching their team fail, but not even in an interesting enough fashion for other people to even notice that they suck. ;)

*Too soon? Not soon enough?

ETA- admittedly, losing your fourth string QB during the NFC Championship game was ... something.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Counterpoint-

You had Joe Montana and Steve Young.

You are just paying back a karmic debt. Not just from Montana and Young, but, you know ... Colin too.*

If you want tears, talk to a Lions fan. Or better yet, don't. Most of them are sub-verbal from the years of pain inflicted upon them from watching their team fail, but not even in an interesting enough fashion for other people to even notice that they suck. ;)

*Too soon? Not soon enough?

ETA- admittedly, losing your fourth string QB during the NFC Championship game was ... something.
I mean, Kaepernick is either a sports witch* himself or is close enough to one, because at some point the odds slip from improbable to infinitesimal, like missing the extra point after an actually successful last-second lateral TD to lose the game, or the Lions going to the Super Bowl†. Not that I blame him, of course; watching my favorite team do one of my favorite players dirty made it extremely hard for me to keep being engaged with the NFL**

*See also: Bündchen, Gisele
†To be fair, one of these two things actually happened!
**Though not impossible, clearly

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
My team's record holder for virtually any QB metric is Jay Cutler.

You don't know my QB pain.
Great memes tho.
tumblr_ouaockb31s1rge9rdo1_1280.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
This thread made me realize that I've actually devolved into a goblin far more than I thought I had.

Do you guys not defrost a whole thing of shrimp cocktail from the grocery store and eat the whole thing watching TV while the tray rests on your belly?

Not really - I have a shellfish allergy. :p

But that's the type of thing I've done basically my whole life anyway, so, <cue Lady Gaga's Born This Way>...

Remove ads