• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Its for sure tainted. Cannot remove the flavour of the juice.
Someone should do a double-blind study to see if that's true. Because in my experience? If I pick the pineapple off before anyone sees it, nobody will never notice. Never. Not even once, and I've done it a lot.

I'll do an experiment one of these days. I'll order a pizza exacty as that guy ordered it but tell him that I picked off all the pineapple. Then see if he still swears up and down that he can still taste the non-existant pineapple.

EDIT: I realize this might not read as humor, so I'll clarify: I'm not seriously suggesting anyone tamper with other peoples' food. Don't be a jerk, people.

Last edited:

Rejuvenator

Explorer
Someone should do a double-blind study to see if that's true. Because in my experience? If I pick the pineapple off before anyone sees it, nobody will never notice. Never. Not even once, and I've done it a lot over the decades.

I'll do an experiment one of these days. I'll order a pizza exacty as that guy ordered it but tell him that I picked off all the pineapple. Then see if he still swears up and down that he can still taste the non-existant pineapple.

EDIT: I realize this might not read as humor, so I'll clarify: I'm not seriously suggesting anyone tamper with other peoples' food. Don't be a jerk, people.
I don't eat meat, so I don't eat pepperoni on pizza.

One day, at a restaurant, my friend couldn't finish his pepperoni pizza, so he offered me the rest. I picked off the pepperoni, but I could still taste the pepperoni juice. It tasted sooo good, but I felt guilty enjoying it.

So ya, certain ingredients can pervade the whole pizza.

Don't tamper with other people's food, but do be honest what each ingredient is about.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Someone should do a double-blind study to see if that's true. Because in my experience? If I pick the pineapple off before anyone sees it, nobody will never notice. Never. Not even once, and I've done it a lot over the decades.

It’s not a nice thing to do, but that wouldn’t actually be tampering with someone’s food. You’re deceiving a friend for a potentially unethical psychological experiment.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Yeah, it's tampering with someone's food, and pineapple and grapefruit (for example) can interact badly with certain medications.
Well the biggest problem is that it would make me look like the jerk in the situation, and I don't want to be the jerk. So I wouldn't do that...not to a complete stranger, and not to my friends whom I've invited to my home for a D&D game.

I'll say this much though, based on my experience working in pizzerias in high school:

If you regularly order your pizzas from a restaurant, there is an extremely high probability that you've eaten a pizza that once had (X) on it, and the (X) had gotten picked off when the delivery driver double-checked the order and saw it. Maybe the cashier wrote the order down wrong, maybe the cook messed up, but there's (X) on the pizza and nobody caught it until it was out of the oven and into the box. So rather than send the pizza back to be remade, the driver just picked off the (X) and brought it to you anyway.

Why would he do such a thing? Well, if the pizza is late or has the wrong toppings on it, you'll blame the pizza driver and it'll cost him his tip. But if the pizza tastes strange or different, you'll blame the kitchen and it won't cost the pizza driver his tip.

This happens a dozen times a night at every pizzeria...and that's a low estimate. So like I said: somebody should do a double-blind study to see just how true that "I can always tell when something has been picked off of my pizza" statement really is...because I've never had someone call up the pizzeria and yell about their pizza tasting faintly of anchovies or pineapple.

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Yeah, it's tampering with someone's food, and
No...it's literally not tampering with someone's food. You have done exactly nothing to their food. You said you tampered with their food but did not. That's an incredibly important distinction.
pineapple and grapefruit (for example) can interact badly with certain medications.
Yes, which is why it's a bad idea to actually tamper with someone's food. Saying you did is not the same as actually doing it.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I'll say this much though, based on my experience working in pizzerias in high school:

If you regularly order your pizzas from a restaurant, there is an extremely high probability that you've eaten a pizza that once had (X) on it, and the (X) had gotten picked off when the delivery driver double-checked the order and saw it. Maybe the cashier wrote the order down wrong, maybe the cook messed up, but there's (X) on the pizza and nobody caught it until it was out of the oven and into the box. So rather than send the pizza back to be remade, the driver just picked off the (X) and brought it to you anyway.

Why would he do such a thing? Well, if the pizza is late or has the wrong toppings on it, you'll blame the pizza driver and it'll cost him his tip. But if the pizza tastes strange or different, you'll blame the kitchen and it won't cost the pizza driver his tip.

This happens a dozen times a night at every pizzeria. And that's a low estimate. So like I said: somebody should do a double-blind study to see just how true that "I can always tell when something has been picked off of my pizza" statement...because I've never had someone call up the pizzeria and yell about their pizza tasting faintly of anchovies or pineapple.
Exactly. Most people have this happen all the time. And they never notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads