• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Poorly-bound texts will fall apart into puddles of letters.
Heat it up and you have alphabet soup. :)

Do they even still make that any more? Haven't seen it in years but our local grocery store is tiny and has a terrible selection so I never know when something's quietly gone out of production forever...
You forgot Youse.
That one seems to be mostly used by gangster/tough-guy stereotypes in media these days.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Heat it up and you have alphabet soup. :)

Do they even still make that any more? Haven't seen it in years but our local grocery store is tiny and has a terrible selection so I never know when something's quietly gone out of production forever...
A quick look at Instacart in my area shows alphabet pasta available at a variety of prices and some sort of off-brand alphabet Chef Boyardee thing but no alphabet soup. They very much want me to buy Campbell's Chicken and Stars, though. Which is interesting. I feel like there's a sleazy villain from a children's book trying to sell me soup. "Hey, buddy -- who wants letters? How about some stars, eh?"

Old Fezziwig

The chances of me intending to type "ducking" are very, very low.
1000006329.gif

Fantastic. Look what you've done now.

A quick look at Instacart in my area shows alphabet pasta available at a variety of prices and some sort of off-brand alphabet Chef Boyardee thing but no alphabet soup. They very much want me to buy Campbell's Chicken and Stars, though. Which is interesting. I feel like there's a sleazy villain from a children's book trying to sell me soup. "Hey, buddy -- who wants letters? How about some stars, eh?"
Worrisome. How many generations have grown up without and will therefore not get references to one's soup spelling things out prophetically, or spies exchanging secret messages in their broth, or prudes blushing over risque letter combinations surfacing from the depths of their meal?

Old Fezziwig

Worrisome. How many generations have grown up without and will therefore not get references to one's soup spelling things out prophetically, or spies exchanging secret messages in their broth, or prudes blushing over risque letter combinations surfacing from the depths of their meal?
Right? I did some more digging and found Campbell's Tomato A to Z's, which Instacart's algorithm did not pick up but which exists. Amy's also sells cans of alphabet soup for $7. Alpha-Bits, the cereal, for what it's worth, was discontinued in 2021. Anyhow, just another stop on the superhighway to illiteracy, I suppose.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
(Literally about the food I just ate)

Taco Bell tacos are not great tacos, but they are great Taco Bell tacos and hit the spot just fine when that is what is wanted (and when there is no line at the drive thru and it takes like two minutes total to get them).
Thats kind of like saying a turd sandwich is good at being crap and nobody will fight you to front of the line for one.

Remove ads