The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Forced movement ignores difficult terrain, and so it's reasonable that the DM would extend that rule to include the pseudo-DT effect created by crossing the wall outward.

OOC: Ahh, didn't realize that, thanks. We've...not had that situation come up in any of my games IRL, so never had occasion to learn that bit.

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar dodges an attack from the assaulter next to him as he moves between Rilissa and Ignatz, then turns and launches a bolt back at that same goblin. As the bolt buries itself in the goblin's chest, Rilissa's and Ignatz's weapons begin to glow with a deep purple light.

[sblock="Actions"]Move: to N9, OA from Goblin Assaulter - 1d20+6=15 Miss
Standard: Magic Weapon vs Goblin Assaulter 3 - 1d20+8=24 Hit, Assaulter dead, Rilissa and Ignatz get +1 attack and +4 damage rolls TENT[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 20/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 10/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8
Current magazine: 7 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 14

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]
OOC: Whoops, forgot OA from shieldbearer - 1d20+8=17 Hit for 4 damage, my attack still hits even with the -2 from being marked, 16 hp now instead of 20.

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Rilissa isn't where she is indicated to be on the map. She teleported into the city when her Aegis triggered.

OOC: Hah. I'm failing left and right today. For some reason I read it as teleporting the goblin to her...Probably from the Swordmage in my IRL campaign that has a power that does that...oh well. Okay, only ignatz gets the bonus from my magic weapon.

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz shades his eyes with his hand, looking for goblins. He sees a couple small fries, but none of the ones inside the city still live. Ignatz is torn- this is obviously good, but he was hoping for some more killing- and then two things happen that brighten his mood abruptly. First, he spots another goblin mage struggling to sneak into an outlying territory, but mostly burning itself. Second, Sha'kar refreshes the dweomer Dina had set on his weapon, the purple cast pleasantly complementing Ignatz's electrical accents.

Ignatz grins broadly and sets off after the goblin, leaping easily over the gap in the wall. His swing, however, is obstructed by the miniature wall, and it gouges out a chunk of imitation stone instead of goblin flesh. Ignatz cries out in dismay, but he doesn't hesitate to ready his weapon for another blow.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Walk to M13
Standard: Charge->K17 (22 Athletics PASS DC10) Howling Strike MISSES Sorcerer 1 AC 17[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 25/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 2

Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: The goblin Rilissa has Aegis marked is Shield Bearer 8, which is also the goblin that charged Rilissa this turn so no Aegis triggering.

Edit: DM screw-up for team Goblin, thought it was Shield Bearer 8 that Rilissa had marked. Oh well, bonus for you guys.

Last edited:

Faraque

First Post
Fury begins building in the eyes of Rilissa, watching her companions getting hurt and seeing the goblins dodging away from attacks that should have landed. Feeling the weight of the Dragonshield's earlier attack, she weaves her way through the model city, over the wall to the ground then takes off into a screaming rush at him.

"HAH! You are pathetic!" she cries, slaying the goblin with little effort. She turns her eyes toward the sniper in the treeline. "You're next! Count on it!"

[sblock="Actions"]
Move to J6
Charge to M6
[/sblock]

[sblock="Stat Block"]
Rilissa Shandalar - Female Shadar-kai Assault Swordmage 1
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 9 Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 14/27 Bloodied: 13 Surge Value: 6 Surges left: 9/9
Speed: 6 Languages: Allarian, Imperia
AP: 1 Second Wind: Unused

Powers: (Underlined is used)
Aegis of Assault, Lightning Lure, Greenflame Blade
Shadow Jaunt, Flame Cyclone
Frost Backlash

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match One: The Assault on Anakabar, Round 3

The crowd cheers as the goblin armies are broken, the scattered few remaining wallowing in failure as their companions are butchered by the group...

GM: @Medina , if you're down, you don't have to roll your save right away, you can always wait a bit and see if someone heals you.

In retrospect, having them cap a district at the end of their turn would have made it actually kinda close. Oh well, balancing out the other match that's going on right now I guess.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Goblin Sorcerer 1: Take 5 damage from water. Staff: 13 vs Ignatz AC19(+2 cover), miss. Move, Athletics 9 vs DC 10, fail, OA from Ignatz: 1d20+7=22 vs Sorcerer's AC 17, hit, 2d6(b1)+8=17 damage.

Goblin Sniper 2: Move to G13, climb wall Athletics 11 vs DC 15, fail. Shortbow: 19 AC vs Ignatz' AC 19(+2 cover), hit, 5 damage.

Goblin Warmonger Rikroc: Longbow: 14 vs Rilissa's AC 19, miss. Move to A4.

Reinforcement Roll: 2 vs DC 18, fail. Reinforcement now DC 17.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Corragan: I11, 13/28hp, prone
Sha'kar: N9, 20/30hp, +1 hit and +3 damage
Rilissa: M10, 14/27hp
Ignatz: K17, 22/30hp, +1 hit and +4 damage, Thunderfury Rage
Dina: K8, 18/24hp, +4 to next d20 roll

-Enemy-
All enemies have Goblin Tactics(Immediate Reaction, when missed by an attack): the Goblin shifts 1 square.

Goblin Warmonger Rikroc: A4, 37/46hp, concealment
Goblin Warmonger: 46 HP, AC 18, Fort 16, Ref 17, Will 16. MBA: +9 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage.

Goblin Sorcerer 1: J18, 19/46hp, in water
Goblin Sorcerer: 46 HP, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16. MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d6+7 damage and slide 1.
Goblin Sorcerers Killed: 1

Goblin Sniper 2: G12
Goblin Sniper: Minion, AC 13, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12. MBA: +6 vs AC, 4 damage.
Goblin Snipers Killed: 3
Goblin Assaulter Killed: 8
Goblin Shield Bearers Killed: 8

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Walls: Crossing the walls takes an extra square of movement if you are crossing between walls within the city or crossing walls to leave the city. Crossing walls to enter the city takes a DC15 Athletics (Climb) check.

Cover: The walls grant cover against attacks made from outside the city to the inside.

Water: The water is boiling for extra drama. Any creature that enters or starts its turn in the water takes 5 fire damage. The Athletics DC to swim in it is DC 10.

Walls in Water: Creatures can cross the wall segments in the water leading to the Bluffhold by making a DC15 Acrobatics check. Failure means the move action ends and the creature falls into and adjacent water square. Crossing the gap at L16 requires a DC 10 Athletics (Jump) check.

Difficult Terrain: City, forest, and river squares are difficult terrain. For any square, its terrain type is whatever the majority of the square contains. When in doubt, ask for clarification.

Obscurement: Forest squares are light obscurement (grant concealment, 5 squares of them provide total concealment).[/sblock]

[sblock=Special Rules][sblock=Appease the Crowd]
*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Athletics: 17
History: 17
Perception: 17
Others: 15[/sblock]

[sblock=The Siege]Overrun: If any enemy starts their turn within a district (any of the eight labelled areas with cities) that district is "overrun" for the remainder of the match.

Loss Condition: If six of the eight districts are "overrun", the group loses and everyone dies (To the Death).

Reinforcements: At the end of each of the monster's turns there is a chance reinforcements will arrive. I'll roll a d20 each round vs DC 20. If the roll succeeds, reinforcements have arrived and all PCs gain an AP that must be spent during the next round or it is lost. The reinforcement DC goes down 1 after the roll each round.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• AnakabarRound3.jpg
    AnakabarRound3.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 71

WEContact

First Post
Goblin Assaulter 6: Run to G17. Move to J17. Acrobatics 5 vs DC 15, fail, fall into water, 5 fire damage, dead.

Goblin Shield Bearer 3: Run to H15. Move to J17. Acrobatics 4 vs DC 15, fail, fall into water, 5 fire damage, dead.
Goblin Sorcerer 1: Blinding Flash(+2 CA): 16 Fort vs Corragan's Fort 13(+2 Cover), hit, 10 damage and Corragan is Blind until the end of the Sorcerer's next turn. Move to J16, Acrobatics 9 vs DC 15, fail, fall into water and take 5 fire damage.

Goblin Sniper 2
: Shortbow(+2 CA): 25 AC vs Corragan's AC 18(+2 cover), hit, 5 damage. Move to H14, Athletics 6 vs Wall DC 15, fail.
OOC: The problem is that those rules are too heavily based on chance. If any of these rolls had been successes instead of failures, and the rules worked the original way, we would all have died without really having been able to do anything about it. It's an extremely cool idea, but it needs more work before it's balanced and fair without being arbitrary.

But I'm posting to ask: Pressing Strike lets me shift 2 before the attack, but that's not enough to get me to K19 from where I am, because crossing the wall takes an extra square of movement, correct?

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
"Gootbye, hyu sad leedle vorm," Ignatz growls at the sorcerer. They're the last words this particular goblin ever hears before it sinks, broken and bleeding, into the boiling water.

In his rage and bloodlust, Ignatz's connection to the earth's spiritual power deepens. He begins to change: his pupils dilate, and his breathing quickens. The lightning coursing across him intensifies, and he seems to change- his fur coat starts to look like actual fur, his wide nose pushes out into a snout, and his fangs grow wicked. He bounds forward, leaping across the scalding water, and closes in on his next target.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Pressing Strike HIT Sorcerer 1 AC 23 for 15 damage and push 1-I19
Minor: Body of the Wolf
Move: ->F14, including a long jump (Athletics: 15) to I16[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 22/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0

Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage