• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
OOC: Sorry, was away!

J.D Steps forward and bows in the general direction of echo squad.

Dr Tsuba at your service, I deal with Battlefield observation and control. It is a pleasure to meet you all.

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
As a side note, I would be more than happy to have a scientific assignment, I believe I can Mr Schafer help to no small degree. I shall head up to the bridge as soon as we are done here.

OOC: Right I presume Echo squad introduces themselves. I want to move things along now, I'll railroad things just a bit to start a new day.

The ship starts to move and you hear over the intercom from Bart.

"Hello all crew members, sleep cycle 2 is going into effect. Those crew members currently awake can go to bed while the second shift of crew takes over the ship for a little while. We will be moving towards our next stop point."

Both squads go to sleep and wake up refreshed for their shift. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly urgent however you can hear the low hum of the engine meaning the ship is presumably still moving.

Sierra squads room

Sarah comes bursting through the door. "Rise and shine sleepyheads! Hey hey, Mikhail, let's go have some fun!" Sarah leaves as fast as she arrived.

Echo squads room

As Arthur rolls around to wake up he looks up at his alarm clock, something is wrong though, it is counting down. Arthur thinks to himself for a few moments, he's pretty sure he doesn't have an alarm clock. A small explosion goes off and Arthur is covered in water.

'Ghost'

First Post
Ghost rouses himself and puts on his uniform, taking a little to time to make himself a hot drink. After finishing it he exits the room without a word, moving through the corridors he heads towards the research department. After entering...

I'm sierra's captain, I was looking to get a report on the machinery we brought in and the strange alien device from the vessel. I'm assuming at least some progress has been made.

He then waits patiently for the report.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur blinked and sighed, holding up the remains of the clock he studied it as he got dressed.

​Not bad in terms of delivery, rather lackluster payload though. Even if it was only water I'm sure it has much more potential, I mean I'm not even slightly injured.

Taking out his notepad he wrote down his analysis of the "bomb" as well as some potential areas for improvement. shaking his head as he did so. He gestured to kaboom who whirred into life and followed Arthur out the room. He picked up some food at the canteen and made sure Meia would receive her evaluation.

Arthur made his way down to the research department with kaboom and looked around.

Excuse me, I was wondering if the samples of the A.W.B's my droid retrieved are available for study?

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
As Mikhail's ears registered loud noise, signals made their way across the highways of his nerves to the limbs without gracing the brain with their presence, years of training kicked in turning his body into something that was closer to a machine then man. Years of war death and sacrifice forged him into perfect instrument of war for this very moment. By the time Sarah started making her way out of the room Mikhail was up, his bunk done, his uniform on and his boots reflecting your very soul.

The brain signed of a receipt for one brand new tank driver and promised to return him in top condition, but after all those years all parties involved knew that was a hideous lie.

Mikhail caught up with Sarah.

I can't help but wonder, do you ever sleep?

Aleksandra awoke sharply and set about her morning rituals. A short stretching routine, mimicked by her VI's, followed by touching a necklace to her forehead for a minute with her eyes closed. She then zipped it up into her Jumpsuit and cheerfully went to the canteen for "breakfast".

As she walked she opened up a conversation on her comms device. She opened a comm line with both Tami and Meia.
"Good morning ladies. I think we should get around to that discussion we were going to have. Get the people you think would help in on this and we'll meet in the canteen for 2nd cycle meals. We'll discuss this recent series of strange Paksis events and see what we can do or surmise from them. Plus," she said with mirth is her voice "networking is fun."

She almost skipped the rest of the way to the canteen, positively beaming.

"You look happy" remarked Olga.

"Indeed, you know I love making new friends." Aleksandra replied "Anyway I want to make a good impression here so you can go do what you like else where."

Olga mock saluted "Right you are Herr General. Operation bother Capytan Casper is go." and she flew off towards the research department after Ghost.

"I hope she doesn't give him too hard a time." Piped up Ula sighing.

"He's a seasoned veteran. It should take far more than Olga to break his composure, I'd be worried if that's all it took." she looked to Ula "Now let's go, you and I have quite a few Interesting people to meet and some of them will be pretty ladies."

Ula glowed pink once more and Aleksandra grinned and stuck her tongue out at Ula. "Don't worry," she said "it'll be fine." And with the glow fading they made their way into the canteen.

Last edited:

Research Centre

A woman approaches you and says "Ah yes, I'm sorry to say we don't work that quickly. It'll take us a little while to give you a full report about the machinery, we at least know some of the inner workings of these robots. However there were some parts missing so we are going to try to extrapolate some theories of our own. As for a strange alien device? No such thing was handed in here."

Arthur walks in a few moments later and asks about the A.W.B. "Arthur I presume? The samples are indeed ready for study, someone is waiting for you in there. Said that'd you'd likely turn up."

Corridor on the way to the hanger bay

Sarah glances back "I do! Whenever there isn't something fun that's going on, I just zzzzzz for like .. half a bong then all is well! Weeeee" Sarah continues running towards the hanger bay.

Mess hall

On one of the tables Aleksandra sees Meia sitting next to a girl with died purple hair and massive glasses on her head. You could have sworn they cover most of her face if they were down, akin to a visor. She has an American flag on her shoulder and seems to be wearing a blue jumpsuit but only up to her waist. She has taken off the rest of it and it is tied around her waist. Beneath that jumpsuit she is wearing the standard uniform for engineers. When Meia spots Aleksandra she waves her over.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur raised an eyebrow As long as they haven't started without me I'm sure we'll get along just fine, thank you very much.

As he stepped into the designated area ,kaboom close by his feet toolkit at the ready, he looked at the sample and the person who was apparently waiting for him.

Smiling, he asked And to what do I owe this pleasure?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads