The new, shiny "Stuff I Have/Would Ban" thread!

Ryujin

Legend
I would be tempted to just make it on one damage roll per round.... the magic item throbs with power... and yes something for Warlocks ... how about chains of might that you wrap around your forearms and help out the locks.

I'd just be happy with a feat that allows me to bump the dice from my Warlock's Curse, like the Ranger does his Hunter's Quarry. An item would be nice, but the pluses I get to basic ranged attacks (Eldritch Blast) from Bracers of the Perfect Shot is plenty.

Ryujin

Legend
Or the backstabber feat for the rogue. Yeah, the warlock's left in the cold on extra damage.

Mind you things have improved somewhat since I picked up Dark Pact as a dual, then also took Cursebite and Cursegrind. Coupled with a Weapon of Summer as an implement, for an additional 1d8 fire on a hit, my DPR has risen significantly. That likely means the Weapon of Summer would be on the chopping block for many here :lol:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
That likely means the Weapon of Summer would be on the chopping block for many here :lol:

Well, it already is for people who do not use Dungeon Magazine items. ;)

One of the problems with 4E is the mid to high level math. Virtually the only way to take out foes is to damage them and higher level foe hit points increase faster than PCs damage increases, so the only "good items" for many players tend to be items that increase damage.

Isn't that why you acquired that item???

keterys

First Post
People keep saying that, and I keep wondering what they mean by 'mid to high level', since I haven't run into it yet. I've actually seen things speed up slightly so far.

Only played/run up to 14th level though.

abyssaldeath

First Post
I would be tempted to just make it on one damage roll per round.... the magic item throbs with power... and yes something for Warlocks ... how about chains of might that you wrap around your forearms and help out the locks.

I would do once per power if I were to change it. That way you get to keep the bonus when you nova and it will also make the Quickhit Bracers more appealing to Rangers.

Ryujin

Legend
Well, it already is for people who do not use Dungeon Magazine items. ;)

One of the problems with 4E is the mid to high level math. Virtually the only way to take out foes is to damage them and higher level foe hit points increase faster than PCs damage increases, so the only "good items" for many players tend to be items that increase damage.

Isn't that why you acquired that item???

It's certainly one of the reasons, but so was the once-per-day +4 to all defences. That has saved my bacon in several encounters already, when I was being singled out.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Looking at the Character Builder arm slot items, it is my opinion that this is exactly the problem. Iron Armbands of Power are a level 6 item. There is nothing else at that level, or within several levels above it, that offer ANYTHING remotely as obviously beneficial to a striker...

...So my conclusion isn't that Iron Armbands of Power are overpowered, or that I need to ban them because they are too common, my conclusion is that the armslot items for strikers simply suck big time.
Only when compared with the iron armbands of power (and possibly one or two other things).

The simple fact of the matter is that the balance among armbands was fine until AV came out and IAoP blew the curve.

But naturally it's every other item in the game that's the problem, not the IAoP...

Akaiku

First Post
But naturally it's every other item in the game that's the problem, not the IAoP...

What non shield magic arm slot item would you think to actually put on a wish list for a melee striker? Without the IAoP, you are not shorting yourself an useful slot by taking random things that occasionally do something. Then it's just "Well, is this worthwhile or should I disenchant it for 1/5th its value towards something I feel I actually NEED"

Remove ads