D&D (2024) The new warlock (Packet 7)

Stalker0

Legend
That’s such a tiny fraction of the warlock! If one very specific build is overpowered, that’s a problem that can be fixed with targeted nerfs to that build, without harming the class overall.
If your asking about non-bladelock buildings, I have not heard of anything being called out as particularly problematic. Its mainly that some people don't think the new spell recall mechanic does far enough to give warlocks "enough spells"

If your asking about non-bladelock buildings, I have not heard of anything being called out as particularly problematic. Its mainly that some people don't think the new spell recall mechanic does far enough to give warlocks "enough spells"
I'm surprised that no one is complaining about At Will Invisibility as a level 5 invocation. (I don't think it's a real problem given Pact of the Chain has had an at will invisible familiar since 2014 but I'm surprised there's been no complaints I've seen).

And to echo @Charlaquin a DPR build being OP is the easiest thing in the game to fix. I'd test by pushing the third attack back to level 17 - then possibly having lifedrinker actually heal.

Chaosmancer

Legend
That’s such a tiny fraction of the warlock! If one very specific build is overpowered, that’s a problem that can be fixed with targeted nerfs to that build, without harming the class overall.

While I agree with the point that this can be fixed without majorly nerfing the entire class... I don't see "half of all warlocks" as a tiny fraction. Everyone who isn't a blastlock is a Bladelock, and we've proven fairly strongly that the issue isn't ONLY spirit shroud. Heck, my analysis didn't use Spirit Shroud even once, and I outdamage a PAM+GWM+Charger Fighter build. And even after corrections, it is far too close for a build that utilizes no damage increasing feats and is only using half their invocations. It is half of a warlock able to compete with a fighter devoted entirely to one build and strategy. That's not good.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
While I agree with the point that this can be fixed without majorly nerfing the entire class... I don't see "half of all warlocks" as a tiny fraction. Everyone who isn't a blastlock is a Bladelock, and we've proven fairly strongly that the issue isn't ONLY spirit shroud. Heck, my analysis didn't use Spirit Shroud even once, and I outdamage a PAM+GWM+Charger Fighter build. And even after corrections, it is far too close for a build that utilizes no damage increasing feats and is only using half their invocations. It is half of a warlock able to compete with a fighter devoted entirely to one build and strategy. That's not good.
Ok. I’ll let WotC figure out how to balance it.

Remove ads