• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Old School: AD&D 1e

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Amirad peers down the two passages, asking Hulan to bring the light to the front. He scans both for evil. Assuming no knew information emerges he shrugs. "Well if we continue right we will eventually turn around or turn back. Someone else decide."

ghostcat

First Post
"This is starting to look like a maze" says Lidia as she roots through a belt pouch. "I suggest that we keep going right. Then if it does go back on its self we will have searched one branch"

Having found the piece of chalk that she was looking for, Lidia will mark the wall of the tunnel from which they have emerged with an arrow (pointing back) and a number 1. "I just hope the skeletons are not house proud." After a moments thought she will scribble a druidic rune under the arrow. "That should prevent forgeries." she mutters to herself.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Austin is nodding his head in approval to lidia's words and actions

That is a wise idea, marking our way. also the direction choice and reason is equally wise.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Lidia marks the floor heading back the way they came.

The passage continues another 40 feet to end in a small station of sorts. The track turns around to make a loop and then heads back the way it came. At the back of the room is a deep shaft, descending into darkness. Suspended from a pulley mounted in the ceiling is a stout rope attached to a 3'x3'x7' metal cage and three baskets filled with rocks, hanging over the shaft but easily within reach.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Examining the cage Zhantain considers it's operation, "Hmm, big enough for one or two of us at a time. Though, perhaps we should explore the other passages on this level before we descend? Bad enough if we are ambushed as we arrive below, worse still should we be suprised by some dark creature up here as well."

Gli'jar

First Post
"Bones that warn us and now an iron cage to descend into the darkness, into the very maw of the beast. " Hulan remarks as he rings his hands in a worried manner. "I agree with Zhantain. We should explore this level to make sure we are not ambushed at an inopportune moment"

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"I concur, lets head back to the last intersection and take the left branch."

Amirad leads them off.

The Digger

First Post
"Good thinking. We really do need to stick together as much as possible. When, or should I say IF, we decide to go down there we will have to split up, so we had better make sure of what's up here first."

Mo sounded much more serious than her bormal self.

ghostcat

First Post
Walking down the corridor after the others, Lidia continues to scan the roof looking for loose rocks and ambushing skeletons.

On the mention of going back to search the rest of the level, Lidia will nod in agreement and move to one side to let the others pass before joining on at the end.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The party turns around and heads back to the intersection. Lidia's mark remains, undisturbed, and the party continues down the remaining pathway.

The mine continues for a long way, about 100', before ending in a similar cage-and-shaft mechanism. In this case, however, the pulley extends high above, out of reach. This cage could be lifted higher as well as lower.

Also, to the right of the shaft, on the firm ground, lies a makeshift tunnel, about 5' wide by 5' high. The tunnel is not supported like the mineshaft. It looks crude, as if made more by burrowing than by mining.

Remove ads