• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The One Ring - Cubicle 7

SSquirrel

Explorer
Woah.

That sounds cool based just on the mechanics. I've been holding off on ordering this--it's a lot of money for a game I'm unlikely to play any time soon, if ever--but you've really got me wavering...

I walked thru their booth at 4PM on the Sunday of GenCon and came VERY close to buying the book. I'd been seeing stuff online and I'm a huge Tolkien fan, but I ended up passing at the last minute cuz I know the odds are I'll never get to play it and it will just sit around being pretty heh.

The game does sound very good tho and the folks at Cubicle 7 were nice. I was very surprised by one thing tho. They have SLA Industries as one of their games through their agreement w/Hogshead Games, but I saw not a single SLA book or posters advertising SLA at their booth. If they had a copy of Cannibal Sector One I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Normally it's stupidly expensive due to shipping from the UK. Not that I ever get to play my SLA either, but I'm only missing a couple of SLA books :)

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Last night, the family finished playing through the intro adventure included in the Loremaster book. The whole game went pretty smoothly, with just a few very minor problems (aresult of being fairly new to the system). In particular, I may, in the future want to be more generous with doling out the advancement points. But we enjoyed it enough that I will certainly be working on a set of adventures for the game.

IronWolf

blank
Last night, the family finished playing through the intro adventure included in the Loremaster book. The whole game went pretty smoothly, with just a few very minor problems (aresult of being fairly new to the system). In particular, I may, in the future want to be more generous with doling out the advancement points. But we enjoyed it enough that I will certainly be working on a set of adventures for the game.

Excellent! I am still working through the rules and making sure I have it all straight. Once I do I might try to run the adventure in the Loremaster book over Skype for some folks and see how it goes! Anxious to see the system in action.

Crothian

First Post
Excellent! I am still working through the rules and making sure I have it all straight. Once I do I might try to run the adventure in the Loremaster book over Skype for some folks and see how it goes! Anxious to see the system in action.

Pick a Thursday!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Logan Bonner and Chris Tulach (and others) were creating characters for a One Ring game last night... as evidenced by their posting on twitter. :)

Remove ads