The Pinnacle of your Collection

Erik Mona

Adventurer
My favorite item in my collection is a contributor copy of Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk (which I co-wrote) signed by Gary Gygax, who wrote: "Dear Erik... a Doppelganger?"

Which was awesome.

--Erik

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Number of things:
  • Deities and Demigods - the on with the Cthulhu and other gods in it.
  • Queen of Spiders - signed by Gygax
  • The Races After Dark - Lion Rampant (Ars Magical) adult look at the races
  • Earthdawn Collector's Edition
  • The un-published Warhammer 1st Edition Magic book

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Oh, I have nothing signed or that rare, but still, its this:

image001.jpg

this:

51LP9jTxY6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and I wish this, buts just in too bad a condition:

p1-2.jpg

Mercurius

Legend
Tough choice.

Monetary value it would probably be the Mechanical Dream hardcover, but that isn't really the question, I think. Or the Rackham Confrontation Dragon Titan, but we're not really talking miniatures either.

Nostalgia-wise, any of the AD&D 1E hardcovers, but in particular the DMG and Deities & Demigods. The green cover 1ED Tomb of Horrors is worth a mention because of the wide-eyed impact it had on a certain 10-year old boy back in the early 80s.

I'd also mention a few setting books: the Bard Games Talislanta Worldbook; Shadow World Master Atlas (probably the 4th edition); any of the Earthdawn box sets, but in particular Barsaive; the Planescape box set; the original grey box of Forgotten Realms (although the box itself is long gone); and the 3E Forgotten Realms hardcover--the best setting product every produced by anyone, imo; just a lovely, dense book.

Kindling-wise, I'd say the 2nd edition of Exalted; wouldn't be too sad to see that burn. :p

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
For me it's my own edition of Spawn of Fashan, which means nothing to anyone who hasn't googled the reviews.

All you need to know about SPAWN OF FASHAN is what's noted in MURPHY'S RULES by SJG.*

My answer(s): firstly my autographed copy of B2 KEEP ON THE BORDERLANDS. Likewise my DUNGEON MASTERS GUIDE (also autographed) and what else...oh, Gary signed my 3 original D&D booklets, as did Dave Arneson (at different times!). Tim Kask autographed my copy of SUPPLEMENT II: BLACKMOOR and...erm, I'm losing the plot here, I have a lot of autographed goodies from the old gents.

I can't choose, though. I'd have to say "that bookcase" and if you put a gun to my head I'd say the signed DUNGEON MASTERS GUIDE.

(*go get a copy. NOW!)

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
My question is, of your entire horde what is the one item that you prize the most?
I have a rather, um, extensive D&D collection, and I find it hard to single out one item as the most prized. The item I'm currently the happiest with is one of the most recent arrivals -- one of those miniature reprints of the original Dark Sun boxed set. That box is really small, but contains perfect replicas of all the components: tiny maps, tiny books and even tiny little flip-books with cards. Plus, it's Dark Sun! :D

Remove ads