The Pinnacle of your Collection

Boregar

First Post
This one is a struggle. I don't own anything signed, or anything that's really that rare (that I know about, anyway). But I'd say the one item that has given me more use than anything other than the PHB's and DMG's for the various versions of D&D is my Dragon Magazine Archive CD's.

Philosopher

First Post
I guess the pinnacle, if I had to pick one, would be the original D&D booklets of 1974... when they still had hobbits, ents, and balrogs (i.e., published before the Tolkien estate threatened to sue).

Turjan

Explorer
I came very late to the hobby, so there isn't anything remarkable in my collection from a collector's point of view. So I have to nominate my 3E PHB, still with the unopened CD in the back (I had installed the web version of the program before I noticed the CD :eek:). It started the journey for me and makes me think of the wild d20 days.

After that, I would probably have to pick the original Dark Sun boxed set (cool Brom art, booklets, great map, wonderful foldout image of the City of Tyr), The Factol's Manifesto, and maybe Platt's Starport Guide.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
My set of Castle Zagyg: The Upper Works is probably the most prized element of my collection.

(That said, I bought an unpunched set of Greyhawk Wars yesterday. Well, it's no longer unpunched, because I want to play the game, but astonishing to find a copy 19 years on!)

Cheers!

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
My Gamer Wife.
w00t.gif

Lord Xtheth

First Post
Any one thing from my collection? Thats a little tough.
I don't have anything outwardly valuble... maybe Starships of the Galaxy or Knights... but those really don't wow me.

Old stuff? Yeah, I have a couple books in my collection older than I am... autographed by their orriginal owners (who aren't anyone special by the way).

Best value? Well, I don't think my digital collection should count. Even though I got it all LEGALY.

If I were to have only one peice of my collection... I'd have to say I would keep ... The memories.

Books can be replaced, autographs are just ink stains, but the memories are worth more than my weight in gold (and I'm a BIG FAT GUY)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Google? FEH!
I read a review of it in this magazine call Dragon some years ago and thought it a hoax.
Let me know if you ever want to buy a copy; I have a few left. (I talked Kirby Davis into printing up an edition for me, bless his heart.) $40 - not cheap, but worth it to me for the description of play alone.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Pinnacle eh? I do have some rare stuff but I can't really call any of that the pinnacle.

My pinnacle would have to be the complete collection of Star Wars SAGA edition books. Every single one of them.

I don't have anything ultra-cool or signed by anyone, but I do have...

* 1e Deities & Demigos with the "illegal" Cthulhu and Melnibone gods
* Palace of the Silver Princess with the unfortunate illustrations
* some of those goldenrod AD&D character sheets still in shrinkwrap (I didn't even know I had these until I was cleaning out a while ago... heh)

Remove ads